Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

oil cooler checklist and questions

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by switchusmc, June 25, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. switchusmc

switchusmc New Member

City, State:
      kansas city, mo
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      97 4x4 4dr 4.0 sohc
      Ok so i have a few questions about oil coolers and a checklist. I know the purpose of an oil cooler is to keep it COOLER thus helping to to reduce wear and tear.

Now i tow every so often and thinking this may help my truck out.
      i scored a very nice fin style condensor from work(i work at a lab equipment factory and i have a cooler for a freeze dry unit) and want to utaloze it as an oil cooler/or tranny cooler whichever will give more improvement as a whole.

Checklist: oil cooler adapter plate, lines, fin style cooler, and a bracket of some sort.

Anything i'm missing?
      Any advice oon this.
      i know the tranny has a factory cooler, however small it is. So i thought putting in an oil cooler would be benificial.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.