okay now what | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

okay now what

humm so here is the boat i'm in now . I have a 93 ranger xlt 4x4 with a 2" bl.Well the truck came with 215 75 15 tires , needless to say it looked stupid so I bought 15x10 inch wheels with 3.75 backspacing. now i kanda overdid it and slapped some 33" x 12.5's on her . she looks sharp now , but it kinda rubs a bit when i crank the wheel. first ithey were rubbn on the fukn bumper in the front lol mainly cause i never lifted the bumper after bl, fixed taht one . now i am rubbn at the i guess u'd call it the fender bottom portion. okay now here is my question do ya'll think a "leveling kit" 2" spacers for the front springs would allow me to to regain my turning radius at least til i can afford a real suspension lift? thanks for any input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure about the front end of the ranger but for the rear you can get shackles and an AAL.

actually the rear is just fine

how is your front end set up?? IFS w/torsion bars??, axle?

i've got coil springs up frontthat sit on top of my axel

Then get some adjustable coil over lift springs.

problem solved fer now anyway . i notched my fenders and bumper with the ol sawsall. thanks for the help

Yup, trimming the fenders is pretty much a must-do no matter how much lift you have.

Also, your 15x10 rims aren't helping any. 15x8s work alot better, clearance wise.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

i used to have a 93 ranger stx i ordered a 4" rough country kit for it but rolled the truck before i even got the lift so if your interested or any one interested i have a brand new rough country lift for rangers up to 97 and explorers up to 94 it come with every thing you need hard wear drop brackets shocks block every thing if you are interested 400 plus shipping can email pics just get ahold of me through email or something

Back