Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Old Member New Intro Post Including Rant

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ben2go, July 31, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. ben2go

ben2go New Member

City, State:
    Upstate,South Carolina
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    01 Ranger XLT Splash
    RANT
    In my absence the past year and a half,the forum gods have saw fit to delete every single post I ever made here.So now I am here to reintrodouche myself to the forums.

BACK GROUND ON ME
    I am the one "They" call Ben.I live in upstate South Carolina.My back ground is in industrial mechanics,auto mechanics,and motorcycle mechanics.Before I was disabled I was a pilot and a aviation service tech.Can ya believe they let me fly and work on aircraft?When I got outta school I worked for Daniels Auto,Brewer's 4x4,Afternoon Auto,Rhoton Body,and lent a hand around Carolina Bug Shop.Yeah,I'm kind old compared to most of the guys around the forum,but I still like to play with toys.

BACK GROUND ON MY TRUCK
    I have a write up planned about my 2001 Ford Ranger and it's future.Here's a little back ground on it.It's been rolled by my GF and rebuilt.Wasn't her fault.She pulled over on a single lane tar and gravel road,beside a creek,to let a car pass.When she started to pull off, the road collapsed,rolling her down an embankment,and upside down in a creek.She almost drown because the seat belt jammed,and her ring finger was almost cut off by an unknown source.Luckily the driver of the car, she let pass, checked his mirrors at the same time the truck rolled.He ran back and held her head out of the water until the fire department could cut her out and the ambulance to take her in.Other than her finger,she escaped with minor scrapes and bruises.The police report stated that the road had been under mined by the creek during a recent flood.It was just a matter of time before it swallowed something whole.She was visiting her mom.She lives up in the high mountains of Kentucky in a coal mining village.If anyone has been in the area around coal mining villages,you know how unstable the roads can get after a heavy rain.

Now I am outta here for the night to go do the future plans write up on my truck.Laters.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    Welcome back! Could you be specific about the posts that were deleted?

4. 1Aauto

1Aauto EF Vendor

City, State:
    mass
    92 explorer
    Welcome back to the site.

5. ben2go

ben2go New Member

City, State:
    Upstate,South Carolina
    01 Ranger XLT Splash
    Thanks to both of you.

It's been a little over a year ago since I was last on here.I absolutely can not remember the titles or subject of the threads or post I made.I know my post count was only in the low 100's.Forum upgrades and clearing out old threads probably wiped mine out.I didn't start maybe 10 threads.Most of my other posts were in other peoples threads.I mod on a few forums.When we clean everything up,some member's post count goes down.I just didn't think mine would go to zero.No biggie.

6. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    I was looking at your previous posts, and didn't see any trace of deleted posts in the count. I know that we get regular software upgrades about once a year.

7. ben2go

ben2go New Member

City, State:
    Upstate,South Carolina
    01 Ranger XLT Splash
  8. 88racing

88racing Active Member

City, State:
    SF, SD
    2010 STA