1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

One year ago today

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by GregV8, July 23, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. GregV8

GregV8 Active Member

City, State:
    Long Island, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2011 XLT
    Just thought this was interesting to share... I saved this picture exactly a year ago, 7/23/2010. This was one of the first official teaser images of the new Explorer.
    I thought it looked great, and that was the time I put this vehicle on my radar. The design did not disappoint. It's one of the hottest trucks out there, and I think the success will continue for the next couple of years. Expect to see more and more of these on the roads - and that's a good thing.
    Yes, there are some issues in the electronics/multimedia department, but no one can deny the beauty of this thing.

View attachment 65339

Last edited: July 17, 2012
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jrmexplorer

jrmexplorer Well-Known Member

2011 Limited
    +1

4. 94Eddie

94Eddie Active Member

City, State:
    Northern VA
    2002 Explorer XLT
    The more I see them on the road the more I like them. I like that they are selling like hot cakes. It means there will be plenty of used ones in 4-5 years when I will be looking to replace the current ride. ;)

5. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
    you know, 94eddie, you're right. We had quite a discussion about that the other night, and that's what we've decided to do as well. While I still don't think MFT is up to snuff, we're going to wait for a few model years to get out and see if they're fixed. If not, we'll get an XLT with buttons and switches. :)

6. 94Eddie

94Eddie Active Member

City, State:
    Northern VA
    2002 Explorer XLT
    I haven't had a car payment since 1992 and I really don't miss them. I can buy a really nice used vehicle 5-6 years old for 1/3 to 1/4 the price it cost new. Like the old saying goes, "When you live on the cutting edge of technology, your wallet bleeds a lot." I can buy a new Explorer but there are so many better, more fun, things to spend my money on. I quit worrying about driving a status symbol two decades ago. That being said, I want anyone lusting after a new Explorer to buy one. It just might be the one I buy five years from now for 30% of what they paid for it new. :D

7. M1911A1

M1911A1 Member

City, State:
    MICHIGAN
    2004 explorer xlt
    :thumbsup: You're a practical man 94Eddie...I agree with you. I've always been a Ford man, and specially proud of the way they behaved not taking any taxpayers money, but I would wait. This '11 model year is very beautiful and innovative but I would wait for all the bugs to get corrected.

8. Smoktya

Smoktya Member

City, State:
    Bethlehem, PA
    2011 4WD XLT
    Well have fun waiting. The New Explorer is leaps and bounds better than those old 00's, 02's and 04's. Yes they were cool at the time, but that time has passed and we are glad we got out of ours. My sister has a '00 XLT and she sat in our vehicle the other day and was in love, especially with the smooth ride. I think if you guys actually sat in one and drove around, you might change your mind and not wait 4-5 years. As for all the bugs, most people aren't having them; this website brings out all the negativity.