Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Open hood with pull cable.

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by kleenchanze, November 19, 2008.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. kleenchanze

kleenchanze New Member

City, State:
    Deltona, Florida
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1995 Ford Ranger XLT
    I have recently came across a problem with my '95 Ranger XLT. My battery plugs have been a little messy and have not replaced them yet. To fix my truck from not starting, I would just take off the negative and positive cables, clean them, and put them back on and the truck would start. But I guess Ive pulled on the "Hood release" too many times and have outstretched the hood cable, and I am no longer able to pop my hood. Does anyone have any other solutions on getting my hood popped?

Ive tried taking a pair of pliers to the cable and pulling on it, but the cable is about to snap.

Any help is well appreciated!!!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Tbars4

Tbars4 Moderator Emeritus Elite In Memoriam

Media:
    City, State:
    anaheim hills,california
    95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
    ...You should be able to pull your grill and access the latch and cable from there..:dunno:

...Once you get it open, check and make sure every one of your plastic clips that holds that cable are secure...It only takes 1-2 broken clips before you can't open the hood..;)..Good Luck..

EDIT:...You do not need to pull the grill nor would you be able to without opening the hood...I can easily access my cable thru the grill at the latch..;)

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  5. Tbars4

Tbars4 Moderator Emeritus Elite In Memoriam

Media:
    City, State:
    anaheim hills,california
    95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
    ...:scratch:...Just curious but I noticed this was moved from the "Ranger Forum" to the "Stock '95-01 Explorer" section...:dunno:

6. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars