Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Opinions on injectors? 93 xlt

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by thevishnu, April 3, 2018.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. thevishnu

thevishnu Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Marysville
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1993, Ford Explorer XLT
    So, I've discovered I have a leaking injector, and decided to replace them all as well as the lower and upper intake gaskets. I've used Motor Man Injectors in the past on an old tbi k1500 chevy I have and had awesome success. Thinking of using him again for these.

Motor Man - Remanufactured Bosch Fuel Injector Set 0280150931 92TF-AA 4.0L V6 | eBay

Just wondering if anyone else has used his stuff, vs shelling out for new 19lb'ers? Also, since this engine is fairly new to me (was my fathers), any tips for the lower intake (permatex rtv, etc)? The old school sbc in me is showing *ducks!* lol

Cheers!
    Vish

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. natenkiki2004

natenkiki2004 Blue Bomb!

1991 & 1994 Explorers
    The cost of new ones turned me off ages ago. I've bought 2 sets from a seller on eBay, username was something like hp27fx (it's been a couple years). Anyone reputable with the proper machine and procedure would be good. Just make sure they ohm check and flow match them, it's important on our batch fire systems. I've had years and thousands of miles of use on a set of reman injectors, no problem.

For the lower intake gasket (not needed when replacing just injectors), check out this guide:
    Dropbox - 40LIntakeGasketReplacement.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  4. thevishnu

thevishnu Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Marysville
    1993, Ford Explorer XLT
    Awesome, thanks! :)

5. thevishnu

thevishnu Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Marysville
    1993, Ford Explorer XLT
    Haha.. Just now realized I was watching your vacuum line video on yt. :afro: