• Register Today It's free!

Order 16 - LED

UIN2IT

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Adrenalin Sport-trac
The wife and I are looking at ordering a 2016 Sport. Are the LED Fog lights available for order yet?! Are they even worth the cost since I can add LED bulbs in the current one!?

Also, explain to me the "low beam LEDs" and why the highs aren't LED stock as well!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LED bulbs are used for low beams. They are reflector-based, yet have a projector-like cutoff. We drive a 2016 XLT and I like the low beams.

The high beams are halogen, and are noticeably yellow when compared to the LED low beams. The low beams stay on when the high beams are on, so there is this noticeable white to yellow transition with the low-beam horizon cutoff.

I'm going to try some aftermarket white halogen's to see if they even come close to the "whiteness" of the LEDs.

I have recently purchased the LED fog bulbs from Amazon. Haven't installed them yet, but they are supposedly plug and play: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LNNR9GG

A local dealer of mine has two Sports on order. Both list "LED fogs lights" in the options, so they were able to order it. Perhaps talk to your dealer and see if they can order them yet.

the base explorer fog light is a standard halogen bulb in a reflector fixtures.

you can easily buy an LED bulb model retrofit - that would possibly be a cheaper alternatives.

however the upper models come with LED fog lights. I think sport, platinum and option for limited.

Honestly I wouldn't bother.

My fogs (2016 XLT) look really bad...almost DIM under the headlights and LED surrounding them. It does look cool with just the LED part on and headlights on with fogs on, but driving like that's gotta be illegal, right?

Back