• Register Today It's free!

Order remote start

toms2012

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
I am wanting to order the plug and play remote start for my 2012 Base. Who is best on prices for these things? Bought my warranty from Zeigler and thought i would try on-line before going to my local dealer for price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am wanting to order the plug and play remote start for my 2012 Base. Who is best on prices for these things? Bought my warranty from Zeigler and thought i would try on-line before going to my local dealer for price.
There was a thread on remote starters but I'm unable to locate it.
I don't know if you have read through the following one or not;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358677&highlight=remore+start

I have the factory installed unit and have not had any problems with it.
Good luck.

Peter

good luck. i'd love to hear how it goes for your. i have a 2011 and have made steps towards getting one dealer installed, but have been awfully leary of what i hear back from the dealers.

the price is the same on fordaccessories as what the parts guy at each dealership states. what i have seen is that you can order one plus installation on fordaccessories for certain dealers, but then when you speak to someone in the dealership, they say the installation price quoted online is incorrect and it'll be significantly more in reality. also, beware of some dealers stating that the plug in play is "not close" to just plug and play- and that it'd involve significant labor and "cutting"

Hi toms2012,

You should definitely check out the Ford accessories site for a remote starter: http://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/explorer/2012/electronics/remote-start.html. You can also give your local dealership's parts department a call; they'll be able to order the starter for you and give you a quote on the installation.

There was a thread on remote starters but I'm unable to locate it.
I don't know if you have read through the following one or not;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358677&highlight=remore+start

I have the factory installed unit and have not had any problems with it.
Good luck.

Peter

Thanks for pointing toms2012 in the right direction, Peter!

Crystal

Back