Order Status updated | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Order Status updated

burtman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
Ordered my 2015 Limited two weeks ago and found out today that is will be built the week of July 7th. Also seen a 2015 Limited on the dealers lot and found that the Limited in 2015 now comes with electric power folding second row seats to enter/exit third row. The Limited that I seen was with second row bucket seats the same that I ordered except I also ordered with second row console.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered my 2015 Limited two weeks ago and found out today that is will be built the week of July 7th. Also seen a 2015 Limited on the dealers lot and found that the Limited in 2015 now comes with electric power folding second row seats to enter/exit third row. The Limited that I seen was with second row bucket seats the same that I ordered except I also ordered with second row console.

I think last years had that as well but only for the bucket, no power folding bench seat. Congratulations on your order, my Limited is scheduled to be delivered on July 7th, though we ordered in April. Now we join you with the waiting game!

- Steve

Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago too. No VIN# yet but due to the ordering time I am hoping I may be in that week of July 7th batch.

How long did it take you to get your VIN#?

Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago too. No VIN# yet but due to the ordering time I am hoping I may be in that week of July 7th batch.

How long did it take you to get your VIN#?

I got my VIN was last Wednesday and our build date is tomorrow, June 16th, 2014, so it seems to be fairly close to the build date. Check with Crystal, the Ford Service Rep on here. She is AMAZING!

- Steve

I got my VIN was last Wednesday and our build date is tomorrow, June 16th, 2014, so it seems to be fairly close to the build date. Check with Crystal, the Ford Service Rep on here. She is AMAZING!

- Steve

I definitely agree with your assessment of Crystal. Already contacting her but I try to limit it to once a week. Don't want to be a pest. I am just being impatient. :)

I been thinking that I wish I knew someone at the Chicago plant. I never "special ordered" a new car before, always taking what was on the dealer lot and never getting exactly what I want. I would love it if I could figure out how to get someone to video the making of my Explorer along the assembly line. That would be so cool!

Ordered my 2015 Limited two weeks ago and found out today that is will be built the week of July 7th...

Congrats on pulling the trigger on a new Explorer, burtman! As others have mentioned, I'll be glad to provide you with weekly updates on your order. To get started, send me a private message (PM) with your order number and dealership name/location. I'll do the rest. :D

...Check with Crystal, the Ford Service Rep on here. She is AMAZING!...

I definitely agree with your assessment of Crystal...

Aww, thanks GFox and August88! You've made my Monday much brighter. :)

Crystal

Back