Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Ordered my Limited on Friday!

Discussion in '2018 - 2019 Ford Explorer Order Status Threads' started by maerlim, November 21, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. maerlim

maerlim Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2012 Explorer Limited
    300A Limited in Golden Bronze w/ Nav. Hoping I timed my order correctly so that it'll come in around early January. So if I have this correctly I need to talk to my sales person to get the order number and his dealer code so that Cory can track it?

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Lhymes

Lhymes Active Member

2016 Explorer Platinum
    Believe you need the VIN also. That takes like a week or so to generate from what I understand (and take longer to get if you have an uncooperative dealer).

4. Falcor00

Falcor00 Member

City, State:
    Texas
    2012 Explorer Limited
    Yup make sure you have order number and VIN#. Then contact Cory. There's also a sticky on the forum page for how to view your window sticker online. It will let you know when you're build date is... approx 1-2 variance there.... it's the numbers in the bottom right of the window sticker. Congrats!

5. GeekLegion

GeekLegion New Member

City, State:
    Visalia, CA
    Limited Explorer 301
    Cory was able to track mine with the dealer name/location and the order number. I didn't have a vin.

ETA TOMORROW!

6. maerlim

maerlim Active Member

2012 Explorer Limited
    Cory was able to provide me with some info, but I did just get the info back from my dealer that scheduled build date is 12/12 and delivery 12/19, for an almost exact 4-week turn-around. Is it possible to have an order be TOO fast? We ordered when we did so that we could pick it up in early January to avoid the personal property tax next year. It's going to be torture knowing it's at the dealer just waiting for me. Good thing Christmas with little kids makes the days go by quicker.

Hmm... what do "they" say about cars being built on Mondays. Hopefully mine goes through the line after everybody's had a few cups of coffee.

7. maerlim

maerlim Active Member

2012 Explorer Limited
    Woot, my Ex is expected to roll off the assembly line today! Happy Birthday to my new car! :)

8. maerlim

maerlim Active Member

2012 Explorer Limited
    My new Ex should arrive at the dealer today! We're not taking possession till January 2nd for tax purposes, so the next couple weeks are going to be an excruciating wait. The good news is I'll be on vacation from work during that time and it's the holidays so the time should fly by. I'll probably try to swing by the dealer to have a look at it today nevertheless. :)

9. maerlim

maerlim Active Member

2012 Explorer Limited
    It seems the new Ex is still sitting at the Factory waiting for shipment. This is starting to get me a little worried that we're going to miss our planned January 2nd delivery date. And here I thought the car would have to sit on the dealer's lot for a couple weeks. Let's hope they get it in transport in the next couple days!

10. Cklenke

Cklenke New Member

The factory is shut down until the 3rd of Jan. Don't think anything is moving until after then. Mine is still sitting ther as well. :eek:(

11. maerlim

maerlim Active Member

2012 Explorer Limited
    After much delay it looks like I'll get to pick up my Explorer on Wednesday! I was told that there was a "hold" put on all explorers somewhere between when mine was built on the 14th and when it was scheduled to be delivered on the 21st. That hold was lifted, then the plant shutdown got in the way. Kind of a pain in the delivery process but at least I have a date now!

12. vinnym

vinnym New Member

City, State:
    Long Island, NY
    2018 Explorer Limited
    Can 2013 Explorer enhancements be added to my2012 Limited due to be built Jan 30th.

With the new 2013 Explorers due soon - will/can any of the enhanced features be added to a my2012 Limited 301 package - like heated steering wheel