Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ordering a new Explorer what paperwork should the dealer provide me?

Discussion in '2018 - 2019 Ford Explorer Order Status Threads' started by Jkelley, June 14, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Jkelley

Jkelley New Member

I have contacted a dealer near where I am moving and ordered a '12, I think...

The dealer just told me that the Explorer was ordered from the factory and gave me a 4-6 week time range for the car to be ready for pick up. It seems to me I should have some paperwork , a form that tells me a vin or something. I only have an email that lists the options I choose. What should I ask for from the dealer to make sure the vehicle was ordered with the options that I wanted?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      07 Camry
      You won't have a VIN until the car is set for production and has a line date. Most dealers around here will give you a printout of the order, but aren't required.

4. rx7rules

rx7rules New Member

City, State:
      Florida
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2012 EX Limited on Order
      Sounds wrong

4-6 weeks? I think your dealer is completely wrong. I don't even think Ford will start building 2012 Explorers until 7/18/2011. That's over 5 weeks from now. I was told 8-12 weeks the other day from a very large South Florida dealer that has a huge allocation.