Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

outside air temp freezes up

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by 4x4husky, June 26, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. 4x4husky

4x4husky New Member

City, State:
    sonora, ca
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    97' XLT
    hi there. i don't actually own an explorer, but i do have an 83' F150 and not too long ago i installed an overhead temp/compass display out of a 98' explorer in it. Wired everything correctly according to this

http://www.explorer4x4.com/overhead.htm

The compass functions normally but theres a problem with the temp. When i first start it in the morning, it'll show the correct temp, but after about 5 minutes it'll freeze at whatever temp it's at and continue showing me that temp, despite shutting the truck off for several hours, until the next morning. I've replaced and relocated the sensor 3 times and replaced the comp/temp module twice now but it's still doing it. because of that i wanna think it's some kind of wiring error, but according to that guide everything is hooked up properly. Any ideas on how to fix this? i really don't wanna resort to trying a module out of a jeep or dodge...

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!