over 100mph in an explorer | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

over 100mph in an explorer

Well, I just got a speeding ticket for doing 89 in a 70 the other day so I'm not going to be rushing around anytime soon. But I have a tuner now and the speed limiter is turned off, I will report back how fast I can go when I grow a pair of balls:) I'm hoping to touch 130. Also I have 20" rims and will be lowered a bit to make it "safer." Pray that I live to tell about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GEEZ. i wish my EX's would go as kwik as some on here. my 93 has been over 85 (end of speedometer) on some gravel roads trying to make curfew.(i did by 1 minute). i had about 110 in my moms 1999 while i raced a friend of mines silverado. EXPLORER WON!!! I have a grand am and thats only been to 100. i took a friend of mines mustang out and it launched nice but around 85-90 power just wasn't there. (at least not like the '99 explorer.)

GEEZ. i wish my EX's would go as kwik as some on here. my 93 has been over 85 (end of speedometer) on some gravel roads trying to make curfew.(i did by 1 minute). i had about 110 in my moms 1999 while i raced a friend of mines silverado. EXPLORER WON!!! I have a grand am and thats only been to 100. i took a friend of mines mustang out and it launched nice but around 85-90 power just wasn't there. (at least not like the '99 explorer.)

Some of us are making nearly 2x the power you are. And street racing is stupid enough without doing it in other peoples cars. I push my mounty HARD, but I can because it's mine, if someone else did that I would be pissed. And so when I drive someone else's car I drive no faster than the speed limit and keep my foot out of the skinny pedal.

125 any day of the week hands down

had mine up to a steady 95 on the way home from florida...and thats a 3rd gen on 33's...pushed her up to around 105 but it was a struggle and i was floating around like crazy...

but i did beat a jeep grand cherokee last night twice off stop lights.. that was fun haha

had mine up to a steady 95 on the way home from florida...and thats a 3rd gen on 33's...pushed her up to around 105 but it was a struggle and i was floating around like crazy...

But i did beat a jeep grand cherokee last night twice off stop lights.. That was fun haha

sounds about right i been there ....

I been cruising with the friend of mine with the mustang for quite awhile. I trust her in my cars and she trusts me in her cars. I know street racing's stupid ( i prefer dirt track) but sometimes a lil friday night fun passes the time.

The fastest I've cruised was 85 on the PA Turnpike and that had me nervous with the vibrations resultant from the suspension being worn. A short time above 90 had me scared s-less.

119 mph

I did 119 mph on I39 in IL. In a 1999 Pete 550 horses 24" tires did it for about 25 miles. All clocked on a gps. There also was a white caddy I was following too. I also had 20,000lbs. in the trailer.

I get mine up to 120 all the time. Next time I have to fill up I'm going to plug my programmer in and switch it to the higher end gas tune and fill it up with supreme gas and that should ad some more power to it. I don't know it I will top out any higher.:salute:Cheers

Don't run it at WOT in high gear, the overdrive band doesn't last long doing that.

idk how you guys are getting up to 100 +...

not saying that in a negative way at all... im just scared lol !

i dont like going much faster than 80... and i only get that high if im passing someone on the highway... i just dont want to risk messing up my baby lol !!
im 18... so naturally i should have the " GO FAST " mind set... but no way not in the X. my mom tells me i drive slow when im doin 70 on the highway !! hahaha...

but i have passed the 100mph mark in my CIVIC before i sold it to buy my X...

it had - intake / intake manifold / headers / exhaust / ignition... and the fastest i have ever gone in it was 114mph... and i prob could have gone faster but again i got scared...

im a pu$$y lol

in my stock EB ex, 4.0 V6, stock besides dynomax catbacks, and a bigger hole in the airbox ive been up to 100, well, says my GPS :p

speedo stops past like 90?

IMG00585.jpg

This was when i was driving home, rear brake lines blocked off, so i was driving with only front brakes....yes stupid i know :p

idk how you guys are getting up to 100 +...

not saying that in a negative way at all... im just scared lol !

i dont like going much faster than 80... and i only get that high if im passing someone on the highway... i just dont want to risk messing up my baby lol !!
im 18... so naturally i should have the " GO FAST " mind set... but no way not in the X. my mom tells me i drive slow when im doin 70 on the highway !! hahaha...

but i have passed the 100mph mark in my CIVIC before i sold it to buy my X...

it had - intake / intake manifold / headers / exhaust / ignition... and the fastest i have ever gone in it was 114mph... and i prob could have gone faster but again i got scared...

im a pu$$y lol

Danny,

We are Danny's we live to go fast!:salute:

My baby (explorer) doesnt shake, or rattle or anything when im driving, specially that fast so its not to scary :p

just how accurate do you think that these speedos are when you get over seventy? I'm guessing that they are a little optomisitic,like 10-15%. bone stock, any car at 65 your only going 62,manufactures do that to limit liability.

just how accurate do you think that these speedos are when you get over seventy? I'm guessing that they are a little optomisitic,like 10-15%. bone stock, any car at 65 your only going 62,manufactures do that to limit liability.

The Explorer speedometers seem to be calibrated for a 30" tire. That means they read fast for most which have 29" tires(15's). They are fairly close for the 30" 16's of the later models.

Measure your speed with a GPS, that way you know it's accurate.

Measure your speed with a GPS, that way you know it's accurate.

Everyone assumes the speedometer is accurate, just as you and many people assume the GPS devices are all accurate. I think both are off, but the devices which should be adhered to as the standard are the police devices.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The newer GPS's should be pretty damn accurate. Much more so than your speedometer. Cops radars are accurate as well, but if calibrated improperly, they will read wrong. I had my speedometer doing just under 90mph last week and a cop clocked me doing 89mph. I would say my speedometer is pretty close:) I don't plan on having them check it out again anytime soon.

Back