NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
I'm trying to wire in my Valentine 1 radar into the harness, but need to know which is the hot wire. I see a black wire which i think its that one. I can't fine my tester. I guess when i loan it out it never came back.

Have you used the V1 in the Explorer yet? Just wondering on how it reacts to the BSM on the Explorer. Am considering the Uniden R3 or R7 for the BSM filtering if I can find one on sale in the next few days.

Can't help you with the overhead console but it is pretty easy to remove the A pillar and hardwire to the fuse box with an add-a-fuse. There's even a grounding bolt near it.

Have you used the V1 in the Explorer yet? Just wondering on how it reacts to the BSM on the Explorer. Am considering the Uniden R3 or R7 for the BSM filtering if I can find one on sale in the next few days.

Can't help you with the overhead console but it is pretty easy to remove the A pillar and hardwire to the fuse box with an add-a-fuse. There's even a grounding bolt near it.
I'm thinking of going that route. I have used my V1 on my 2017 Ex Platinum and had wired it to same area but this 2020 has more wires and colors changed, and i don't have my tester.

Back