Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Overspray on rear wheel wells

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by explorersport23, September 17, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. explorersport23

explorersport23 New Member

City, State:
    Chicago, IL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Ford Explorer Sport
    So I was attacking the ever annoying rust on my rear wheel wells recently. I knocked the rust off, cut up above the highest rust point, and then sanded down the fender. I then used bondo to make the fender look as normal as usual and sanded that down to an even point. I hit it with black spray paint that I got at autozone and then topped it with a clear coat paint that I also got at autozone. There was a little overspray from both paints and now I'm trying to figure out how to get this overspray off. It has been like this for a few days and it just looks ugly. Let me know what you guys think, any suggestion helps!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. vroomzoomboom

vroomzoomboom Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS! Elite Explorer

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    98 supercharged 347 sport
    you can try claybar as long as its a mist, and not heavy over spray

4. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    outside shovelling snow
    ................ 96 XLT ™
    I have removed minor overspray using Meguiar's paste Cleaner Wax. Took some elbow grease, but worked fine. Less worries about going through the clearcoat than using rubbing or polishing compounds.

5. Flash

Flash Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Brisbane Australia
    1997 Limited
    If it needs more than the first 2 suggestions give it a wet sand with 800 or 1000 grit the polish.

We Support Our Troops!