Owners Manual Resource 99 exp xlt

Radioace318

Reaction score
City, State
Shreveport Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Exp XLT 5.0 2WD
Hello Folks.

After what seems like endless searching for information on my 99 exp xlt I have stumbled across this forum. Thank Goodness!

I have the old ABS light and P0500 code & NO Speed-O. After a little reading I dropped by the local Advance Auto Parts store just down the street and picked up the vss that connects of the 3rd member. I use my multi meter and found 1.8k ohms. I was reading somewhere the dude used his meter and read a dead short. His new one read 1.9K ohms. It was at that second I was thinking there was nothing wrong with mine. So I replaced it just to give it a try. Sure enough, Not the problem. The ABS light was still on and like before the check engine light would come on after a little driving. Again, I get P0500.

So I removed the new one, reinstalled my old one. I turned my attention to the two sensors on the front of the Explorer. This is where the game was called tonight due to the (what feels like) 5 1/2 hours of useful day light.

I shall continue this adventure in the morning. and try to find a way to test the two front sensors.

In the mean time. I read on one post here (I will search for key words to try and find it) but dude said he did not have an owners manual for his 99 xlt. Well, I went to the Ford web site and managed to find this handy little resource.

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...clePage&BackToLogin=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

There is where I found the owners manual with fuse layout and values and such. You will need to have a PDF reader on your system in order to read the manuals. I did however convert mine to a MS word format. You may find that word doc at this web address: http://captaintonyking.com/exp/99expxlt.docx

I'm the admin for this domain. The owner told me I could use some of his bandwidth to post that massive (over 10 megs) word doc.

Thanks for all the good information from everyone and thanks to the admin of this site.

Later
Rick

Back