• Register Today It's free!

Oxygen Sensor install help

rabbhill

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
Ok, so I've been driving around with a check engine light on for like a year now, knowing that the drivers side oxygen sensor is causing the light to come on. So I finally got around to getting under there to change it a couple days ago and what do I find? The sensor is fine...but the wire has been disconnected. The shop it took it to last year disconnected it to fix an exhaust leak but never reconnected it. I can't go back to them because they did such a poor job that I reported them to the BBB. (While installing a new exhaust manifold gasket, they managed to melt a large hole in my break fluid reservoir.) I have looked all over the place to find were to hook the oxygen sensor back up, but I can't. I have checked google, youtube, and my manual looking for where it plugs in at, but to no luck. Can someone please take a picture of where the sensor plugs in? I would really like to have this check engine light go off.

1994 Ford Explorer 4.0 XLT

I just replaced mine recently. The plug should be hanging down below the transmission dip stick area. Get flashlight and shine down from the top you should see it. How your going to feed the connector from the sensor up to it and plug it in maybe difficult. How I did it when installing the new one I pulled the connector upward on top plugged the connector together first then dropped the sensor back down then screwed it on.

Thanks!! When I knew were to look, I found it right away!!

Back