P0133 P0153 P0401 - O2 part mumbers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0133 P0153 P0401 - O2 part mumbers?

fbc

Reaction score
City, State
Guadalajara, jalisco, Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4WD 4.0 OHV
HI based on these codes, I'm replacing all 3 of my O2 sensors (just in case), and my egr valve and DPFE.

I need the part numbers for my Oxygen Sensors. Can anyone lend me a hand with those? Are all 3 the same part?

or 2 upstream and 1 downstream sensor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Egr valves rarely go bad, usually dpfe sensor.

well, my explorer suffers from a rough idle as well. Which is why I wanted to do the EGR valve. I read somewhere on the forum where it fixed an idling problem.

Found them on my truck

This is the left side next to the bell housing.
40ohvo2sensorleftside.jpg

This is the right side one next to the bell housing.
40ohvo2sensorrightside.jpg

This is the one after the cats:
40ohvo2sensoraftercat.jpg

which one of those parts numbers match which one of these is still unknown.

ok the ford part number is F8TZ9G444CA

can someone help me cross reference this to something I can buy?

BOSCH Part # 15718 upstream sensor
BOSCH Part # 15719 downstream sensor

MOTORCRAFT Part # DY831 pre cat
MOTORCRAFT Part # DY1095 post cat

ACDELCO Part # 2131317 upstream
ACDELCO Part # 2131367 downstream

You'll need 2 upstream(precat) and one downstream(post cat)

O2 sensor

Well I have a '98 4.0 sohc 2wd I do believe the part numbers are the same for your vehicle with the exception that I have 2 downstream. From what rockauto.com has listed:

BOSCH upstream are # 15719 (I have 2)

BOSCH downstream are # 15716, #15717,#15718 ( I have 2)

Just be careful when you buy the upstream sensors. There are two different lengths. I think one is 14" and the other is 19" but I have found that the #51719 are long enough for both sides except that the pass. side will just have some slack in it. I have not found a BOSCH upstream pass. side that is an exact fit. I think AC DELCO has exact fit for the pass. side.

Anyone shed some light on this.? I too am curious.

sorry for hijacking....just thought id give my .02.

TJ

Well I have a '98 4.0 sohc 2wd I do believe the part numbers are the same for your vehicle with the exception that I have 2 downstream. From what rockauto.com has listed:

BOSCH upstream are # 15719 (I have 2)

BOSCH downstream are # 15716, #15717,#15718 ( I have 2)

Strange, Autozone website shows the reverse for a v6 OHV. 15718 is upstream and 15719 is down stream.

Looks like our vehicles are a little different. On rockauto they list your ohv #15718 and/or #15719 as being left and right, auto or manual, upper and lower. LOL. I do believe ALL the sensors are the same type but the lengths are different. Don't quote me though, just my assumption. When I called the dealer they have a separate part number for both sides(upper). hmmm...I could not find an exact fit for the upper passenger side on mine. So Im going with the long ones to make sure. I am just going to order the 15719's as they are about 22" long and will be long enough for both sides (uppers). I actually talked to a rep for rockauto and he thinks they are just using the 15719's for both sides as replacements and therefore the pass side will just have some slack in it. They send you zipties!.....Good Luck man,

the 15719's as they are about 22" long

22" long oxygen sensor???? Doesn't sound right.. Maybe the cable with the connector is 22" long. The tips looks like the same length to me.

I'd probably buy the long ones anyways and just tie wrap any left over.

Yes. They have the wire and connecter all in one. From tip of sensor to end of connector is roughly 22".

Back