P0405 EGR Ford Explorer V6 2008

nmmarine

Reaction score
City, State
Bucharest- Romania
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT 2008 V6
Hi Guys,

I just get a brand new Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC V6 2008 model.
I made only 6400km( less 5000miles) and the yellow light is ON- message from my Ford dealer was " P0405". I looked on whole google about this message but are different opinions and answer- so I'm asking for some help and/or advices. First of all my dealer doesn't have any documentation regarding this car, because in Europe are not so many American cars.

Waiting for answer

Regards
Adrian B- alias nmmarine

Hi Guys,

I just get a brand new Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC V6 2008 model.
I made only 6400km( less 5000miles) and the yellow light is ON- message from my Ford dealer was " P0405". I looked on whole google about this message but are different opinions and answer- so I'm asking for some help and/or advices. First of all my dealer doesn't have any documentation regarding this car, because in Europe are not so many American cars.

Waiting for answer

Regards
Adrian B- alias nmmarine

p0405 is egr valve position sensor (A) circuit low.im not positive but i would start with checking the voltage and checking for resistance on sensor (a).i'll have to look at a wiring diagram and see what i can come up with.

egr

p0405 is egr valve position sensor (A) circuit low.im not positive but i would start with checking the voltage and checking for resistance on sensor (a).i'll have to look at a wiring diagram and see what i can come up with.

I did a little more research on the computer some of these have egr computers but most of the time it's the d.p.f.e.g.r sensor but also look at the two rubber hoses going to it.and if you have a scan tool with key on engine off if u have less then .05 volts that is a hard fault in the sensor replace it.

welcome

Back