Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Parking Brake Wire

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by dgonz, June 15, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. dgonz

dgonz Active Member

City, State:
      Porterville, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2005 XLS
      Hey guys, I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit in my ST (pictures coming soon!) and (until I do the relay bypass) in order to watch DVD's you need to attach it to the wire that tells if the parking brake is on or not. I can't for the life of me find the damn thing, wires confuse me as it is and there are a ton under there! Can someone point me in the general direction or post some pictures that display where it is?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Pittsburgh, Pa.
      2003 Explorer Sport Trac
      There arew a couple things you could do...

1. Just install a toggle switch to trick the H.U. in thinking the parking brake is set or...

2. Under the dash there is the parking brake pedal and the arm/ bracket that connects it to the cab, at the end of that arm there should be a switch (kinda looks like a button)just like the brake pedal has one that is what you're looking for there's a waire coming out of the switch splice into that.

4. ncranchero

ncranchero Co-moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Denver,NC
      '94 F150 4x4 SWB 4.9L
      You're saying "parking brake wire" so does that mean it's a wire to ground, since that's what the pedal switch does? Have schematics?