Parting out 3 trucks | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parting out 3 trucks

I am parting out a 2002 truck. It is a red Explorer, 2wd, V6, with gray cloth interior. Engine probably needs a complete rebuild. Timing chains were rattling and the previous owner started tearing it down, but left it sit outside without an intake manifold. Hood was on but when I did a thorough inspection I vacuumed out a few ice chunks from the top of the valves. Lots of parts are available so just ask if I have it.

EDIT: I am also now parting out a while XLS and a black XLT.

Local pick up is preferred, but depending on what you want I will ship.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So pretty much they just scrounge ever part off of it as they can?

What happened to yours that you need one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So pretty much they just scrounge ever part off of it as they can?

What happened to yours that you need one?

I was changing the gasket and as I was lining up the holes one of the mounting holes broke off. I JB welded it together and have it on the truck now but it's a ticking time bomb.

Snagged a set at the pick and pull today for $8.

Thank you for your time regardless.

Alright. I know I'm gonna list this one on eBay though now. Unless someone on here snags it before I get around to it.

I am parting out 3 3rd gen trucks. Pretty much everything is up for grabs. Rather than list everything that is for sale, I will just keep this first post updated with a list of what isn't available.

Some info on the trucks, all 3 are 2002 model year:

Truck 1 is a red Explorer, 2wd, V6, with gray cloth interior. Engine probably needs a complete rebuild. Timing chains were rattling and the previous owner started tearing it down, but left it sit outside without an intake manifold. Hood was on but when I did a thorough inspection I vacuumed out a few ice chunks from the top of the valves.

Truck 2 is a black Mountaineer, V6 AWD, and tan heated 3rd row leather interior. Rear coil springs are broken. Front differential was missing when I got it.

Truck 3 is a black Mountaineer, V8 AWD, with gray heated 3rd row leather. Has rear parking sensors, however both bumpers look like crap.

Also have an entire set of extra gray cloth seats w/ 3rd row.

I will also consider offers for any of the entire trucks as a whole. If I get around to it before any whole trucks are gone I plan on removing most of the driveline components and keeping them in case I break something, however for the right price I will consider selling those as well. Same with the rims. I have already removed a few parts for myself which will be listed below along with what has already been sold. Local pick up is preferred, but depending on what you want I will ship.

Parts not available:

Truck 1 (red): transmission, radio head unit

Truck 2 (black V6): long block, radio head unit

Truck 3 (black V8): long block, radio head unit

Hey you happen to still have the Exploror?

Yeah I still have the explorer. I have since scrapped out the 2 mountaineers. I did keep quite a few parts off of them before I junked em though.

All are 4 door. Almost everything is currently available minus a few odds and ends. I don't currently have any pics but I can get some if you have anything specific you wanna see.

wondering where you're located for pickup...plmk...thx!

Back