1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

parts choosen...final check needed

Discussion in 'Exploring Computers!!' started by EliteConcept, December 14, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. EliteConcept

EliteConcept Well-Known Member

City, State:
      LaPorte, Indiana
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      04 Civic LX
      just want a final review of parts before i order. building a pc for my girlfriend for chirstmas want to make sure everything is in order..sometimes we tend to over look things...
      please inform me of any MAJOR problems you see...
      otherwise order will be placed before noon on 12-14-04
      thanks

cpu
      http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=19-112-196&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

mainboard
      http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-514&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

ram
      http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-026&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

i will be using her Hard drive(s) from her old computer 12GB and 2GB drives...upgrading those later on...
      also i got cd-rw, case, and keyboard/mouse set too..but those i know are ok.

thanks for double checking me :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. kfkodiak

kfkodiak B

That Board/CPU/Ram should all work fine together. I assume you already have a hard drive and a copy of the OS you plan to install. Also make sure your case has a power supply (high-end ones typically come without them). Since you're getting a retail boxed CPU, it will include the required fan and heatsink. Other than that, you should be good to go.

Edit: I almost forgot, Ground Yourself while handling the CPU, board, etc!
      Hopefully you already knew that, but I've seen numerous component failures due to static damage. Good luck!

4. EliteConcept

EliteConcept Well-Known Member

City, State:
      LaPorte, Indiana
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      04 Civic LX
      yep the case has a 450w power supply.
      i have win xp i will be installing
      other than that it looks like all is good? :)

5. kfkodiak

kfkodiak B

Yes indeed. Cables should be included with the hardware. ASUS is a good choice of boards. Should be a good, stable system.