Parts Cleaner in engine???? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parts Cleaner in engine????

Dude, I call total Bullshit on your 70w race motor oil!!! I happen to know what Cup and Nationwide cars are using for Qual, and Race day.

Between 0W-5 and 5W-20... Depending on the track, race or qualifying, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys, now don't go suggesting things that normal people would do or correcting him. You guys are talking to a professional race car mechanic with more than 20 years of experience before he got his first ASE certification, who is also an engineer.

What's going to happen when you fill the cylinders with kerosene and pump it into the exhaust system?

It's going to foul the cats. Then slowly burn off when he runs it later, like oil. Lots of smoke. Fire is possible, cats get pretty hot, around 400 degrees and up depending on the type of converter, and the autoignition point of diesel and kerosene is round 430-450. But there shouldn't be much left in there, so likely it would just smoke off.

Wow, this thread really got exciting since I've checked it last! Glad to see you put some elbow grease in there and cleaned some parts by hand and didn't rely on a magic bullet in a can!

Side note, this thread might have been one of the biggest E-pen15 competition threads I've seen on EF for a long time :D

:frospecta

Darnit Snoranger, you blew my motor oil deal with this dude!I was trying to bait him. I was waiting to see what kind of response he was going to give. Im sure there's many here that know what the Cup and Nationwide guys use, along with other engine builders in other series.

Get over it. We're here to help each other, not show who knows more about something most of us will never work on. Do you really care if he's BSing or not? Does it make you a better person for calling him out on it? Do you feel like more of a man?

I deleted my post!

Whoa dude! You need to slow your roll Jack! We have nothing to "get over." We all offered valid responses to this guy's original post. It wasnt until about five responses in on the first page this guy started going crooked. And still many in here continued offering help. He, is the one who asked, "should I be worried about hydrolock." Not us! He is the dude who wasnt sure if he should pull the plugs. He is the one who stated he was going to "fill it all the way up, and I mean all the way!" Again not us! After his argumentative responses, and many in bold, claiming we do not know how to read is when we realized he didnt want our help. At that point, me personally and a few others in here began having fun with it. We were enjoying ourselves, and apparently he too until you jumped in to save the day and play forum Cop..Its almost as if he came in here to challenge each and every point we offered up. It seemed as if he had his mind made up, and just wanted to play Indy Lights mechanic. No big deal, it was cool. Nobody's feelings were hurt. My response to you was meant in jest. I suppose I should have prefaced it with a LOL at the end. The best part was when he attempted to show us how a parts cleaner worked. Now that was some funy stuff right there, I dont care who you are. Thats when he lost alot of creds with me! That right there told me what a goof, or just a guy who wanted to have some fun himself!
So dont come in here and tell me to "GET OVER IT ####face!" Thats what happens when some moron comes in for the ninth inning to relieve the pitcher. Yet has no clue how the game was played when he arrived! Maybe you should read ALL the posts before casting judgement on the rest of us. It was all in good fun! If you dont like it, the you can beat feet and go somewhere else to play.:rant::mattmoon:

You can stop with the "we and us" ****... What I said was directed at YOU, not everyone else.

Yes, I blew your chance to "bait him", but thats never been the spirit of this forum. It has always been "help a fellow explorer owner out". Maybe I was playing forum cop, but if you dont like what this place is all about... you can "beat feet".

I wasnt here to "play" ... I was here to stop someone from making a serious and costly mistake. If he doesnt want my help... F' Him... Let him take the chance of a bent rod.

It took you all the way to trying to teach us how parts cleaner worked for him to lose "cred"... It should have been around the time he said he wanted to fill the engine to the brim with fluid and crank it. :D

:burnout:

:popcorn:

I am still checking this thread hoping to see that he used the method one of us suggested in the end and to see if he had any success of it. I mean, sure, I poked a bit of fun at him after he started lashing out at everyone...

But I'd still like to know the guy didn't ruin anything and has maybe gotten somewhere with his problems...

x5050160, made any progress? In all seriousness, I'd legitimately like to hear how this all went.

Ok I was just joking about the oil. I dunno who runs that stuff maybe Top Fuel NHRA?
So it went ok. I filled it up with the kerosene and cranked it for 5 seconds 3 times. That cleared out the cylinders of the kerosene pretty good. When i drained the crankcase the kerosene was pretty clean. I strained the kerosene with the help of a friend and there was a sludge/film greasy nasty stuff at the bottom of the tub that we used. I poured it back through with the drain plug out and nothing more really came out that I saw. I did unbolt the catalytic converter from the y pipe off the headers but there was only about a 1/4" separation so I'm sure some of the kerosene went into them. I had to let it sit for 2 days before I put it all back together cause I had to work. So most of it should have evaporated off. It smoked like crazy when I started it up but that was probably becase I squirted a few pumps of oil from an oil can into the spark plug hole before I put them back in. There was only a few drips that came out of the exhaust when I started it up. It definitely starts up faster and it has much better throttle response. I also changed out the TPS so I'm sure that helped to. The only thing left that I want to address are the springs and the plastic link on the 2 part throttle body linkage.
Oh and I put Royal Purple 10w-30 and a wix filter. Not 70w race oil lol

Back