Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Passenger Handle Bar/Grab Bar

Discussion in 'Offroad Fabrication - Bumpers, Sliders, Cages etc.' started by Foxracin, July 18, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. Foxracin

Foxracin Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Mount Holly, NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Anybody ever done one of these in a Explorer/Ranger without a internal cage?

[​IMG]

I really need to do one before my interior gets tore all to hell by passengers. lol Done had 2 of the handles on the roof completely ripped off, numerous door handles broke off, and actually had the window pushed out of the door on time, and the seat broke. I must be a good driver.

Here is the damage from last night. lol
    [​IMG]

So I need to add something for them to hang on too. I looked in the glove box area today and theres not a steel tube going across like some dashes have and I would rather have it mounted to something solid. Anybody got any ideas? Only thing I can come up with is try to weld it straight to the firewall.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Brian1

Brian1 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Albuquerque, NM
    1991 XLT
    Callsign:
    KG5BAQ
    It doesnt have to come off the dash. Make a bracket off the seat frame with a quick disconnect pin. Put the handle in when it is needed. Make the pin easy to reach when seated so the passenger can take it off and on to get out/in. Without a cage I think this will be your best bet.

4. gmanpaint

gmanpaint Back in 5 minutes Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    STL MO
    Modified 95 XLT
    [​IMG]

This is in a ranger. All this person did was bolt it to the steel plate in the dash after going thru the dash. His glove box is still functional too.

:thumbsup:

5. Foxracin

Foxracin Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Mount Holly, NC
    Thats exactly what I want.Didnt really see anything in my dash to attache it to but ill look again when I get the time.Thanks for sharing.

6. MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    2003 Explorer Sport Trac
    I wouldn't have the bolt and nut sticking out like that though, just weld it together. Safety first, JMO.

7. BlkSquad

BlkSquad Active Member

City, State:
    Memphis, TN
    '15 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
    Why not weld to the support bar in the door and make it fit in the stock door handle spot? Seems like that would accomplish what you want. The window would be limited then though.

We Support Our Troops!