Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Passenger power seat electrical problem

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by lewis, July 5, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. lewis

lewis New Member

City, State:
      Chicago, IL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Re: 07 Explorer/Mariner passenger front power seat: as best as I can tell pushing the passenger power seat as far forward as it will go crimped the power cable under the seat and it won't budge. I'm wondering if the cable that powers the seat movement, and likely the seat heater and more, is a snap connector on both ends meaning, if I picked up a new cable I could essentially disconnect the old cable, connect the new cable, and move the seat backwards hopefully releasing the crimped and damaged cable.

Any thoughts, ideas, solutions... appreciated.

Last edited: July 5, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. waskly

waskly Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Crooklyn NY!
      mariner is an escape. you can pick up a new seat switch which comes with a harness for the ex, and most likely a fuse, it should move the seat then if thats the problem.

4. lewis

lewis New Member

City, State:
      Chicago, IL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Doh!

Thank you waskly.

My error. I have a Mountaineer which is an Explorer. We believe moving the seat all the way forward has caused a wire under the passenger seat to crimp and cause a short.

Does your answer for the Mariner hold true for the Mountaineer/Explorer?
      2007 model year.
      heated seats

5. waskly

waskly Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Crooklyn NY!
      im pretty sure on the explorer, mountaineer the seat switch comes with the harness. its one assembly minus the trim color button.

the rest is correct, 99% the fuse blows. when you put the new switch in, get some wire tires so the harness can be secured from the seat track.