Passenger side HVAC blend door | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Passenger side HVAC blend door

HISSIN50

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 MM
Hello,

I have a 2003 Mountaineer with dual front climate control (and rear, if that matters). Every time the vehicle is started or if the HVAC temp is changed, you hear the typical click, click, click.

I've searched old threads but I can't find info and pictures of the location of the passenger side blend door. I'd love to be able to cut into the plenum or ducting and try to fix the door if it's reachable. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Sounds like you just have an actuator with stripped gears. Of course, your blend door could be jammed/broken as well. I've replaced an actuator before on a single temp system and if that's your only problem there is not duct cutting involved.

This is the best guide for the single temp system, you've probably already came across it and unfortunately the pictures are no longer working: How to: - Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.. My understanding for the dual temp is the passenger actuator is in the same place as that of single temp/driver side actuator just mirrored on the passenger side.

Back