Passenger Side Windshield Wiper Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Side Windshield Wiper Question

IN2FORD

Reaction score
City, State
Cookeville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Bullitt
My passenger side windshield wiper hits the plastic cowl when it comes down. The arm is not splined so I cannot just rotate it up. The wiper arm has a "D" shaped connection. Anyone else with this problem? How'd you fix it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the arm is splined inside.. there is a tab on the bottom of the ball of the arm, pull it and pry the arm off of the splined knob is sits on and raise it up a few splines.

Mine is not splined. The socket of the arm is "D" shaped. All of the other Ford stuff I hav worked on is splined, but this one is not. Maybe it is only the 95's that are. I have found other stuff that only pertains to 95 models since it was the first year for gen 2.

Barry,
I think Four0Sport was referring to inside the cab, under the cowl. The linkage should have a splined pivot where you can make an adjustment.

A..ha now I see. So I need to remove the plastic cowl piece and adjust it from there right??

Back