Past member returning to world of Explorers...Need advice on new ride. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Past member returning to world of Explorers...Need advice on new ride.

Todd Edge

Reaction score
City, State
Wake Forest, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I haven't had an explorer for about 4 years. My previous ride is under the "featured explorers" page (Todd Edgerton). I found a '93 XLT on ebay that I couldn't pass up. It has 9" of lift(6" susp./3" bl) and 36/14.5/15 Swampers. It looks like the owner invested good money in high dollar/quality parts but, the truck needs some TLC to get back into show/trail shape. My question is where can I buy bumper brackets for the front and rear to raise the factory bumpers up 3" to compensate for the body lift?

Also, the truck has 3.73 gears and I am going to yank them out and install 4.88's and a locker. What is the best locker for on/off road use?

Thanks,
Todd

Welcome back.. For the rear bumpers, you probably could make some out of 1/4" steel plate.. The bumper brackets for the 95-01 3" body lift are the same. As for the front, I dunno about that one.. Why not just make a custom bumper. Most people like Powertrax's lockers.

why not 5.13's huh huh

Back