• Register Today It's free!

PCV change?

i refin

Reaction score
City, State
Belleville, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97EddieBauer
Hello, I'm new to this group,and looking forward to being a part of it.My first ? is this,where is the PCV @ on my 97 5.0?? Is it hidden under the plennim?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ditto

I too am looking for the PCV location on my 98 4.0 SOHC engine.

The pcv on the 5.0 should be in the lower intake at the rear center... the 4.0 sohc i believe is on the back of the left rocker cover mounted horizontally and has a small coolant tube around it...

Amp67 said:
I too am looking for the PCV location on my 98 4.0 SOHC engine.

On a 98 Model it's located at the rear of the intake on the passenger's side in a tube. They didn't start putting them in the valve cover until the later 00-01' styles with the breadbox intakes.

Later Doug.

Thank you... I wasn't sure when they made the switch...

In the 4.0L pushrod V6, the PCV valve is located in the driver's side valve cover near the brake booster.

How aboutlocation on an 02?

hou2002 said:
How aboutlocation on an 02?
On the OHV V6, there are 2 oxygen sensors, one each located in the engine exhaust y-pipe just before the catalytic converter. If you get under your X with your head directly under the bell housing for the transmission, you should be able to see the two sensors (look sorta like spark plugs) sticking out of the exhaust pipe. They are hard to remove when cold, so run the engine for a couple of minutes to warm the pipes and they should unscrew fairly easily.

re: PCV 5.0

its between the back the engine and the firewall, in a tough spot. i had to lay on top of the engine to get to it. when i got it, the rubber tube was fused to the valve . i ended up cutting the tube where it connects to the PCV, putting the new PCV in, and then joining the 2 sections with a brass tube and hose clamps.

Lloyd10977 said:
On the OHV V6, there are 2 oxygen sensors, one each located in the engine exhaust y-pipe just before the catalytic converter. If you get under your X with your head directly under the bell housing for the transmission, you should be able to see the two sensors (look sorta like spark plugs) sticking out of the exhaust pipe. They are hard to remove when cold, so run the engine for a couple of minutes to warm the pipes and they should unscrew fairly easily.

While very in depth and well thought out, he was asking about '02, as in a 2002, not o2 as in Oxygen sensor ;)

Not sure if someone was looking for the PCV on an OHV6, but here it is, courtesy of Okrazie1. While it looks to be in plain sight, i looked for mine yesterday and STILL had trouble. If you look at the engine bay, from the driver side, parallel with the firewall, you'll notice the rectangular-prisim shaped box, probably sitting on an angle at the valve cover/intake area. Just behind it is the tube that goes onto the PCV (notice the throttle cable in the pic):
pcv.jpg

BuffaloXplorer said:
While very in depth and well thought out, he was asking about '02, as in a 2002, not o2 as in Oxygen sensor ;)
Thanks, BuffaloExplorer. My bad.

Back