Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Phone and Radio

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by dave1946, July 14, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. dave1946

dave1946 Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2011 ford explorer
      If I'm on the phone, I can't turn off the radio. Is this a glitch or is this just the way the system works?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. JDJones

JDJones Member

City, State:
      Houston
      2011 Silver Limited
      If you are using your phone through MFT, the radio or audio should go silent (or pause). When the call completes the radio or audio should come back up.

4. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Rep

City, State:
      Dearborn, MI
      Ford Explorer
      Hi dave1946!

Are you talking on your phone via SYNC/MyFord Touch (i.e. your phone call is going through your speakers on the Explorer) or are you talking on your phone like you normally do outside of your Explorer?

Like JDJones said, the radio should "mute" when you receive a phone call; once you hang up your phone, the radio should resume.

Rebecca