• Register Today It's free!

phone starts playing media

Chimmy76

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach,VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Tundra
my phone starts playing my music media when i am using BT mode when the car is turned off . has this happened to anyone else? it could just be my junk phone also???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SYNC has been doing some weird stuff in the last couple days.....It's switched to my IPOD or to FM or even My Bluetooth Media unabaited.

Mine did that two or three times after first connecting, then quit.

Yeah, my Blackberry started playing things 2-3 times about a week ago, but nothing since.

Same here - BB Bold starts playing audio when I turn off the car and it disconnects - annoying.

Also, MFT has started rebooting daily, now - I need to call my dealer, I just have a hard time finding time to take it in...

2003 X here, i have an aftermarket HU with bluetooth... this also happened to me, so this would lead me to believe that this is not an issue with sync, but an issue with phones (Motorola droid)

just my two cents

My BB started doing the same thing a couple of days ago. Not every time, but often enough to be frustrating.

Hi guys,

I can see how this would be frustrating, and I would like to lend a hand to help. If you would like assistance with this, please send a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

Did anyone find a fix for this? I am suffering the same thing. Get about 30' from my Ex and my pocket starts blasting a random song from my BB Torch. I thought it was amusing the first 30 times... Now it's not.

My BBerry did that also. Car is off and bberry has no call, but music would be ported to the phone, then I would hear someone's one sided conversation for awhile..
Had the car two days and returned it.. Wish they could fix all this before I buy something else... But little hope
Btw had bought it this month so problem still exists.

Me too, When I first got the x this happened w/ my BB. After I rebooted phoned and did a fresh pairing with sync ( trying to remove background noise) the music playing stopped. One other thing I quit doing was getting into the car with a headset on. Be sure BB is not connected to a different headset when connecting to sync.

Did anyone find a fix for this? I am suffering the same thing. Get about 30' from my Ex and my pocket starts blasting a random song from my BB Torch. I thought it was amusing the first 30 times... Now it's not.

They way you describe the issue leads me to believe the resolution lies within your phone.

As you approach your vehicle, your phone detects a Bluetooth connection and pairs. When successfully pairing over BT, certain phones will automatically start playing their MP3 music. Since SYNC is basically in a dormant state and only broadcasting a BT signal, the issue lies with the phone and what the phone does when it pairs with a BT signal.

Many phones have an Autoplay feature. Depending on the phone and how the user chooses to configure the phone, the phone will automatically start the music player as soon as it detects a paired A2DP Bluetooth connection, like SYNC or any other Bluetooth system.

My recommendation is to turn the Autoplay feature off on your phone.

If you still have the issue, and if you have the latest OS for your phone, then it could be a bug on your phone.

Blackberrys and Droid owners in particular have this particular bug with their phones. On some Droids, there is an app called 'Music' that will automatically play when it pairs with a Bluetooth connection. This is not unique to SNYC, but will happen with any bluetooth connection.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Annoying-music-autoplay-on-bluetooth-connect/td-p/384512

http://androidforums.com/droid-support-troubleshooting/131439-bluetooth-autoplay-car.html

My BBerry did that also. Car is off and bberry has no call, but music would be ported to the phone, then I would hear someone's one sided conversation for awhile..
Had the car two days and returned it.. Wish they could fix all this before I buy something else... But little hope
Btw had bought it this month so problem still exists.

What model BB do you have and what OS is it running? Is Autoplay turned Off on your phone?

What music is being "ported" to your phone? SYNC does not port music to cell phones so the issue could be with how your phone handles the unpairing from a BT connection.

If you're hearing a cell phone conversation, then its your cell phone because SYNC does not have have a cellular connection.

I have a Motorola Droid (the original one) and I have had similar problems since I picked up the car in March. I'll be listening to Sirius and all of a sudden my IPOD or my phone will start playing music. Today my wife brought my phone out side for me to turn off the music. I had left the phone inside while I was washing the car. Usually once or twice a week I will shut the car off after listening to FM or Sirius. As soon as the car is turned off the phone starts playing music. This can be very frustrating sometimes. I have re-paired my phone many times and had the system software updated once.

I have a Motorola Droid (the original one) and I have had similar problems since I picked up the car in March. I'll be listening to Sirius and all of a sudden my IPOD or my phone will start playing music. Today my wife brought my phone out side for me to turn off the music. I had left the phone inside while I was washing the car. Usually once or twice a week I will shut the car off after listening to FM or Sirius. As soon as the car is turned off the phone starts playing music. This can be very frustrating sometimes. I have re-paired my phone many times and had the system software updated once.

If you haven't already, turn autoplay OFF on both MFT and your Droid.

For MFT:

On the 8-inch touchscreen, touch Menu > Settings > Media Player

Turn Autoplay either On or Off, depending on whether you want to automatically make your USB media player the current audio source when connecting it to the USB port.

Video tutorial: http://syncmyride.com/own/touch/settings/system-settings-for-media-players

That setting will keep MFT from automatically starting the media player when it's connected.

Your phone is another story. Depending on the phone's Autoplay setting, the phone's media player may start playing music automatically when it connects via USB or BT. Turn the phone's Autoplay setting to OFF.

As mentioned above, some phones have an App or a bug that will cause the phone to play music when the phone connects/disconnects from an A2DP Bluetooth connection even when the phone's Autoplay is set to OFF.

6 enter/exist and no more "Random Pocket Ghetto Blaster". :dpchug:

This is what I did:
BB Torch
- Network and Connection
- Bluetooth Connections
- Paired Devices - Sync - Options
Unchecked Audio Source and A/V Remote Control, Target

Not sure if it messesd anything else up on my BB or not but seems good so far. I have not tried any of the MFT suggestions above.

-Ian

6 enter/exist and no more "Random Pocket Ghetto Blaster". :dpchug:

This is what I did:
BB Torch
- Network and Connection
- Bluetooth Connections
- Paired Devices - Sync - Options
Unchecked Audio Source and A/V Remote Control, Target

Not sure if it messesd anything else up on my BB or not but seems good so far. I have not tried any of the MFT suggestions above.

-Ian

Good to hear that changing the phone setting corrected that issue.

This happens all the time with my Black Berry. After I turn off the vehicle my Phone starts playing music. I had to delete all music from my phone to get it to stop.

I removed the fuse to re-set the Sync/My Touch system for 3 minutes with engine off. Did not loose any stored phone info. solved the problem

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine's done that twice recently. BB 9700, only had the default song that came on it. after the first time, i deleted the song off the BB, then two weeks later, about the same time on a sunday morning as before, i turned the car off and it started playing that song again. i looked and the song was back on the BB!! dont know how that happened, but i deleted it again from the BB.

Back