PI Utility exhaust system: an entirely different bird | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PI Utility exhaust system: an entirely different bird

P

PIUtility

After reviewing my options looks like the PIs have a totally different exhaust system than the rest of the models. The system is similar to the Sports in that its dual all the way back, and the systems would be interchangable, but the aftermarket options make things a bit difficult. Due to the smaller OEM resonator and the 3rd catalytic converter, the Magnaflow system will need some custom work to bolt on, since the distance between the flanges and resonator is much bigger on the Sport exhaust than the PI exhaust. The only bolt-on option is the Corsa exhaust from Livernois, but being non-resonated means it'll be quite a bit more in-your-face than the Magnaflow.

I'll get some photos of how the exhaust looks (and what some road debris apparently did to mine).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am anxious to see the results. Great work

Sorry if I bucrher the name but Gibson makes a set for between $399 (stainless steal and $335 for aluminum. Sounds pretty good not too rough.

Ya what's the update on your exhaust I was kind of curious?

Resurrecting this!

Sorry guys, never did end up getting aftermarket exhaust, it was too much of a pain in the ass, on top of every system I heard droned pretty badly. I left things alone for my sanity and that of my dog that rides in the back with me.

Sorry guys, never did end up getting aftermarket exhaust, it was too much of a pain in the ass, on top of every system I heard droned pretty badly. I left things alone for my sanity and that of my dog that rides in the back with me.
I don't think you mean that you and the dog ride in the back, do you?;)

I don't think you mean that you and the dog ride in the back, do you?;)

Well it is a Police Interceptor Utility. It's pretty safe to assume most of the vehicles occupants have ridden in back.

Back