Picked up a new project | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up a new project

here's mine after years of daily driving and interior mods:

2893interior.jpg

my interior completion project has kept getting pushed back hahaha I STILL need to paint the bottom half of the dash (metal part) the same mocha color.
I kinda like the wood grain thingy but I know it will look better with either real wood or a metal piece eventually.

next is a new carpet kit (temp carpet pictured) a custom center console and to paint the dash.

I also just re-did my gages, they are looking pretty slick now! I will get a picture. I covered over my non working factory coolant gage, and leftthe gas gage black. I am also working on a new tinted film for my dashpot, currently my REAR ANTILOCK light is my OD off light, so I am making a custom tag for the light, also the 4x4, 4low and a light to let me know my off road lights are on are in there :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

410Fortune said:
here's mine after years of daily driving and interior mods:

2893interior.jpg

my interior completion project has kept getting pushed back hahaha I STILL need to paint the bottom half of the dash (metal part) the same mocha color.
I kinda like the wood grain thingy but I know it will look better with either real wood or a metal piece eventually.

next is a new carpet kit (temp carpet pictured) a custom center console and to paint the dash.

I also just re-did my gages, they are looking pretty slick now! I will get a picture. I covered over my non working factory coolant gage, and leftthe gas gage black. I am also working on a new tinted film for my dashpot, currently my REAR ANTILOCK light is my OD off light, so I am making a custom tag for the light, also the 4x4, 4low and a light to let me know my off road lights are on are in there :)

Jamie,

the easiest way to make a new film thing I found is to get some transparancy sheets and print them up with your color printer. You may have to double layer it, but it works.

say what now? I want to match OEM so I want orange letters shining through a black background.

So you print a solid orange block first on transparencey, then send it through again to get the black around the block letters? genious!

hahaha I only want to make 3 squares (cut out the 3 spots I need and glue in from behind), I have about 4 of these suckers (the entire factory dashpot thingy) to work with I picked up from the junk yard.

I am pretty sure I understand what you are saying and thats a great way to do it! I was coming up with some pretty interesting ways myself :)

351wExplorer said:
i had a brushed aluminum gauge bezel or whatever you want to call it... im talkin the wood grain on the dash... it was stock in one of my broncos or rangers... im not sure which it was in but anyway it would look pretty good with the black

I went with the wood looking one to add some color in there, and it matches the custom real wood armrests ;)

Any updates?

Another Project :rolleyes:

Well we started finally sanding on the truck so we can prep it for painting, other then that there are a lot of little things to finish it up. Which leads me to the next project...sort of :rolleyes:

Since Lil Sis still don't have her Licence :banghead: she has no driving experince and we're not about to hand over the keys to this truck that we have put so much time and effort into to a driver who is just starting out. She will start off for about 6mo. in this.

12287T-Bird.jpg

93 T-bird that we bought for another reason, but will not get to to this project for a little while so she'll need to be driven. If she smashs it up...Who cares :D ***** crash rating, and we got it for 300 bucks ;)

Sure it has some bad points :(

12287in_the_bird-med.jpg

but there are some good points too, which leads to why we picked up the car in the first place. We will be Taking the drivetrain out for a swap into my dads '80 F250.. but who knows, it could sneek it's way into the Ranger :D

122875_0-med.jpg

uhm seats?? how many cats lived in that car? looks promising,!!

man, I'd give anything for that car!! :eek:

it's sweet :p

Ummm...as far as I know the 83 had a throttle body injected 5.0 (not H.O.). What is that engine out of?

I may end up with an 86 for a doner soon (I hope), but its not the H.O. version.

Brian_B said:
Ummm...as far as I know the 83 had a throttle body injected 5.0 (not H.O.). What is that engine out of?

I may end up with an 86 for a doner soon (I hope), but its not the H.O. version.

Thats the factory motor, this was also the last year of the 5.0 in the Stangs and T-birds, so maybe they had some left over parts :D

Oh man. I read it wrong. :eek:

I thought it said 83. You are correct. I don't know what year they started putting the H.O. in them, but the early ones were not. :rolleyes:

Stic-o said:
Thats the factory motor, this was also the last year of the 5.0 in the Stangs and T-birds, so maybe they had some left over parts :D

the stangs had the 5.0 until 95... trust me i have one ;)

Nick26 said:
the stangs had the 5.0 until 95... trust me i have one ;)

I thought they went to the 4.6 with the new body in '94 :confused:

I know 96 was the 4.6. My brother has one. Yes....I have the years straight this time. (embarressed smilie) Either way, its a good find. Wish I had the engine/trans.

yea thats all right but ford made some more 96- up with a 302 but itd cost ya

Stic-o said:
I thought they went to the 4.6 with the new body in '94 :confused:

I believe that the 94 Stangs still had 5.0's in them. Yes 94 is the first year of the new Stang body style...but with the old engine

then with 95 they introduced the 4.6

And re: the T-Birds...whew that red 93 T-bird would be a nice project car. No way would I pull that engine out and put it in a F250!! Keep it in the T-bird, the t-bird will be more of a collectors item.

Rhett said:
I believe that the 94 Stangs still had 5.0's in them. Yes 94 is the first year of the new Stang body style...but with the old engine

And re: the T-Birds...whew that red 93 T-bird would be a nice project car. No way would I pull that engine out and put it in a F250!! Keep it in the T-bird, the t-bird will be more of a collectors item.

I except they are a dime a dozen out here. They are everywhere! I could pick up a really nice, newer one for a few grand. This car's body & interior is pretty trashed. Yet the motor seems to run very well. She probally has a little over 100k

Rhett said:

The 5.0 was in the Mustang from 1979 to 1995. Of course the early 5.0 was a different species from the 86? up 5.0 HO.

The 4.6 was introduced in the GT for '96. And I believe all of the earlier cobras were higher flowing versions of the HO block or the 5.8 but I could be wrong there.

The tow yards are full of lean sale T-birds out here. Its a favorite of the drunken undocumented masses out here. Your sister will get pulled over all the time just driving one of those around So Cal. :D :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dreamr said:
The 5.0 was in the Mustang from 1979 to 1995. Of course the early 5.0 was a different species from the 86? up 5.0 HO.

The 4.6 was introduced in the GT for '96. And I believe all of the earlier cobras were higher flowing versions of the HO block or the 5.8 but I could be wrong there.

yes dreamr is right on this... although the 94 and 95 5.0's were slightly different than the 86-93 (weaker basically)

Back