Picked up a new project | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up a new project

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know this is't the pics you wanted :rolleyes:

New tires....

12287tires.jpg

...Also picked up a new seat for the truck today, out of a 91 Ranger. It is the 70/30 split like the new rangers. Only I need the armrest with storage, this one is solid :(

Stic-o said:
....Only I need the armrest with storage, this one is solid :(

I thought this was her truck? :confused:

doesn't look too bad. after you get some paint on there, I think it'll shine right up!
keep it up! :D

those tires fit in there nicely.

Yey for new tires! :cool: Just a thought.. do I still have flow-through ventilation for my feet? lol. The video of the Mud bog wont be done/out til the 23rd of this month, but school ends on the 19th and my friend lives in the dorms... so I dunno if I will get it or not :( ... hopefully he can e-mail it to me or something. I will try and get the pictures of the roll over :roll: though... today hopefully. We might go out this weekend and go play just because we have nothing to do but study... lol. Fun stuff! :thumbsup: :burnout:

Back on Track!

Well did some work on the little moster today. Dove into the interior, and ripped it all out to start the painting prosess. The Interior will be Black and Grey.

12287inside_3.jpg

that picture proves that you are a much nicer brother than i am. if my sister saw this thread, she would try to make me feel guilty because i havent fixed up something for her.

and you other guys...no you cant see a pic of my sister, she is too tall for you anyway...lol
she would probably wanna kick my butt if she started getting emails from a bunch of guys with explorers :D

I don't have a sister at all. I do, however, have a little brother (6'-3" is little?). I just gave him my 89 ranger a few months ago. I miss it a lot after 16 years, but it comes to visit sometimes. :D

arent ya glad you posted a pic of ur very cute sis?lol,, i think your getting more questions about her then the whole project your working on!lol,, looks good, lot more to go ahead for you,, but uhmm got any more pics? j/k

You guys crack me up! The question is though... how many of you guys have hot sisters? lol. I see I still have flow-through air conditioning for my feet :eek: , lol. Wow to the interior in that pic... lol, can't wait till it's done! AH! I'm so spoiled, and I love my brother and dad for it! lol. :thumbsup: I went to this annual car show this weekend called "Lost in the 50's" in Sandpoint, ID. It was pretty cool. I rode in my friends '47 Willy's Jeep in a parade and then got to walk around and take pics with all the hot cars! :D I was sooo happy... I saw 3 Cobras! :thumbsup: :D ;) lol. And a very rare '70 Boss 302 Mustang... Twister Speacial! Ouch! :cool: Anyway, I've got the pics... but I dunno how to post any of them... can someone tell me how/ walk me through it? :confused:

Some progress has been made this 3 day weekend. Started work'n on the floors or should I say lack of? :rolleyes: Truck shoud have solid floors by next weekend. After this the Interior can start it's makeover. We did work on the seats today too and cut the 60/40 bench down to buckets, sence it was getting way to hard and $$$ finding a seat cover for it. Also the truck now takes a key to start it, unfortunally the engine dosn't run yet, it still it's cleaning stages.

did you get any pictures of how you cut the seat down sounds like something I might do. Or I will pick up that extra seat bill has at his house that he offered be 3 months ago :D

RockRanger said:
did you get any pictures of how you cut the seat down sounds like something I might do. Or I will pick up that extra seat bill has at his house that he offered be 3 months ago :D

I got the Idea from the RPS site ;)

Here is the link to the mod 60/40 mod

Update!

Well did some more work on the Inerior today, And WOW :eek: It's lookin good! I wasn't gonna post picks till it was done but I shouldn't tease :D

Ok let's get down to the good stuff!

Before .....

12287Inside.jpg

and After!

12287new_interor.jpg

As you can see the dash is about 90% done. ;)

12287interior_from_back-med.jpg

OMG! I love it! It's so pretty! *does a little dance* Everybody's gonna be jealous! lol. I like the streering wheel esp.- it looks kinda familiar though...? I've seen it somewhere. I was wondering if you could give me a time frame of when it will be done??? PLEASE! lol. If I apply for a job, I need to know when to tell them I can start... I don't wanna start and then have to take off to go get it, etc. Oh, how do you upload pics on here??? I got pics of the mud bogs and of Lost in the 50's.

Looking good Stic, nice job. I like the floor, now that you can't see through it! :D

I think someone's little sister is happy now. :D Looks good stic-0. No more flintstone brakes!

impressive ! !
huntress, the only way to upload pics is to be elite, so send them to your bro :D
or you can get a cardomain account :thumbdwn: or a similar freebie account.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it needs a 5'' autometer tach with shift light ;)

Back