Picked up a new project | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up a new project

BKennedy said:
AHHHHHHHHH, I think that is a truck???

Yeah I guess your right. I've never owned a car! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hes too young. My first car (yes, it was a car) was a 70 Buick GS stage one. (ducks). I know...I was 14 and didn't know a chevy from a ford. At least it had a 455 big block and a muncie 4 speed. :D

How Time Changes All

Well, It's been almost a year now sence we brought it home and my how things have changed.

Bad News: The truck still is not finished.....and now may take longer...

Worse News: In a few weeks my lil sis will be coming home to LA. It turns out she did not keep her part of the deal (including getting a driver licence in the last year) so there is a strong chance she will not get the truck now. Other things came into this that I will not go into, but the truck WILL be finished!

So sence the truck is now staying in California....it changes things a little. When we started fixing up the motor there was no intention of it having to pass smog. There is no way it will with the current engine. Now I have a buddy who wants to get rid of his 93 T-bird cheap, that would be a good doner, but we would have to change to much for a V-8. So things brings us back to installing a 94 3.0 out a Ranger, that my dad had planned for his zuki. I hope to finish the truck by the begining of the year, and hopfully bring it to T-haven for MLK for all to see. And maybe even use the front axle a little :D

She's Alive!

Well finally Got the old gil fixed and started her up again!

She runs really good! and seems to have alot of power.

of corse it would seem like that with no smog on it, no acces on it and running no exsaust. :D Sounds like a top fuel car! :p

Should have her up and mov'n around soon, still alot of little things to do, Plus we have start on the body.

On another note, from the way it sounded today, Lil sis may get the truck after all... :rolleyes:

About time :D I'm sure that thing feels fast compared to an Explorer with stock gears and 33s. :p Congrats on getting her running.

What ending ended up in it? ^^^two posts up^^^ Rebuilt original, t-bird V8, or the 94 3.0? Something else perhaps?

Listtle sister seems pretty lucky (at this point) if it works out that way. :confused:

Ended up getting the 2.8 running, We'll be selling the 3.0 (only 57k on it) Picking up the T-bird in a few weeks, and putting the 5.0 out of it into a '80 F-250 that we need to get running, and the zuki will get a Explorer 4.0, when we find one. :p

Picked up a pre-runner light bar for it today. It was origanally off a toyota I think. Came with a pair of 7" PIAA's and a pair of KC Daylighters already mounted on it. Need to find a new lens for one of the PIAA's. But picked it up for $50 bucks :D I'll get some pics of it soon. This will go on top of the factory crome bumper. ;)

Stic-o said:
Ended up getting the 2.8 running, We'll be selling the 3.0 (only 57k on it) Picking up the T-bird in a few weeks, and putting the 5.0 out of it into a '80 F-250 that we need to get running, and the zuki will get a Explorer 4.0, when we find one. :p
So, how many trucks do you actually have parked in the front yard??? :p

BKennedy said:
So, how many trucks do you actually have parked in the front yard??? :p

Acually, It's my dad's yard...Let's just say the 100ft driveway Helps. ;)

69 Ford Cortina
80 F-250
85 Ranger
88 Zuki
86 Zuki HT
30 ft Travel Trailer
25 ft Flatbed Trailer
99 Explorer
01 SD F-250

and in a few weeks a T-Bird

Plus there is a Horse Drawn Carrige in the Garage, and a Hay Wagon in the Back yard.

You think it enough? :D

thats a sweet truck, the interior is gonna need work though, it should be a blast fixin it up though

pogo said:
thats a sweet truck, the interior is gonna need work though, it should be a blast fixin it up though
Check out post 140 ;)

So how is the Fixing of that old 2.8 going?

Stic-o said:
Thanks ;)
12287New_Inside.jpg

Looks like you put in a new center console? I like it, where'd you get it? Have anymore pics of it?

thats an explorer or raneger console of some sort :)

So the Ranger is gettig a 5.0L?

I vote for a 4.0L OHV conversion, from 2.8L to 93-94 OHV = easy cheesy. Just have to update the fuel pump to an EFI unit.

I am not sure how I missed this thread, interior looks good!
If you want to update the door panels suz visors, etc you can get the panels from a 89 Ranger, musch better design and allows you to add 6" door speakers along with the 4" dash speakers (I know you already have door speakers)

Also white face gages would look great in there :)

I thought the 3.0L was a 90 degree v6 making it more difficult to stuff in the early TTB Ranger? I mean its as much work as a 5.0L I am pretty sure, a 4.0L would motivate that ranger nicely :)

Keep up the good work and this truck needs a driver!
hahaha

Nick26 said:
Looks like you put in a new center console? I like it, where'd you get it? Have anymore pics of it?

It's actually a after market one we picked up from somwhere a long time ago. It's probally 10 years old. I'll see if there is any info on it though, it's really nice, has hide away cup holders and stuff. ;)

SkanlaxJMO said:
So how is the Fixing of that old 2.8 going?

2.8 is running, not sure if it burns oil yet. need to adjust the valves, though, they're kinda loud. :hammer:

well when that 2.8L does go, a 4.0L will bolt in pretty much :)
I love the 80's Rangers, but then I am "slightly" biast.

is that the Duff dash pad in the pics or did you paint the factory pad? I tried one of thiose duff pads and ripped it out about 8 minutes later, it fit like crap IMO and looked like a huge piece of &*^%, not Duff's fault, I am jsut picky.
In CO 97% of the dash pads are ripped, 100% are burned, I have found good ones in AZ with no damage. Vinyl prep and paint holds up GREAT on those things.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had a brushed aluminum gauge bezel or whatever you want to call it... im talkin the wood grain on the dash... it was stock in one of my broncos or rangers... im not sure which it was in but anyway it would look pretty good with the black

Back