Picked up my early x-mas present | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up my early x-mas present

Picked up my early x-mas present (with install pic's)

I got my early Christmas present yesterday :D Well it's kinda a Christmas present even though it's to me from me. Now all I need is my body lift which my girlfriend is holding on to until the 23rd :(

9.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like it! What are you going to do for center caps?

Thanks. Right now I just got the ones that come with the wheels (exposed lugs). But when I got the money I'm gonna buy the caps for the hidden lugs, like in the pic below.

0.jpg

wow......those r some nice wheels and tires

Nice wheels and tires.

The threads look pretty aggressive. Do they make a lot of noise in the highway?

Thanks guys

X~FACTOR said:
The threads look pretty aggressive. Do they make a lot of noise in the highway?

I'm not sure. I gotta get my body lift on before I can use them.

That'll look sweet on there with your BL, make sure you post some pics :D

VERY NICE!

Why cant you put them on without the body lift? I was rolling on my 32's with no lift at all for a little while, just a little trimming to discourage the rubbing... now with TT and shackles I no longer have the rubbing problem..

quiksilverdh said:
VERY NICE!

Why cant you put them on without the body lift? I was rolling on my 32's with no lift at all for a little while, just a little trimming to discourage the rubbing... now with TT and shackles I no longer have the rubbing problem..

Thanks. I got a '99 Limited so my front bumper is different than yours and it will rub there if I flex any while I turn and the front of my runningboards rub when I turn and I don't really wanna trim them. If I gotta trim stuff after I do my BL I will, but not if I don't have to. But I'm putting my lift on Thursday after work anyway so that'll give me time to clean my tires (they are used) and polish my rims before I put them on :)

Bah you don't need the body lift first! The rubbing with 32's at stock height isn't THAT bad! :D

EDIT: Just realized you aren't stock height, slap them bad boys on there, They look good!

Got the BL on last night so here's a pic

3.jpg

The cooper tires get loud after they are worn a little but they are some good tires though. Did you buy those tires news because I was told that cooper no longer made those tires.

He said that he bought them used ^^^

Those look AWESOME on your truck. Nice job. :thumbsup:

looks pretty damn good

White x said:
The cooper tires get loud after they are worn a little but they are some good tires though. Did you buy those tires news because I was told that cooper no longer made those tires.

They still show the old STT's as well as the new STT's on Cooper's website. It seems that the new STT's don't have all of the sizes yet. They shouldn't discontinue them until they include all the sizes in the new style.

Back