• Register Today It's free!

Pics from Coal Creek offroad

GPNyce

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, Tenn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
My buddy an i cruised up to Coal creek (oak ridge, TN) yesterday and camped out, then this mornin we went out to do a little light wheeling. this was my first chance to really test out my EX with the body lift/tires on there. it actually did very well, only problem was my 4wheel low wasnt working (who knows why)...so it made it a little tricky getting up the steep inclines. and i did have a whoops moment....:rolleyes:

663772b2.jpg

106a2b08.jpg

0ea87c70.jpg

6af325fc.jpg

63b0a7b9.jpg

5c00932c.jpg

8dd10d4b.jpg

0b19660c.jpg

OK...so no 4wheel low means my engine was REALLY workin hard gettin us up the hills...and 3.55 gears arent the best for wheelin. So, going up this real steep incline, i notice the temp gauge going up...at about this point i lose my forward momentum. So i try to turn around real quick so i can just coast down to the bottom of the hill. That doesnt work out so well. I get 3/4 of the way turned around, and i get stuck inbetween a steep rocky section of the slope in the back, and a big pile of rocks in front of my right tire. Got it jammed in there pretty good, and had to shut off the engine to let her cool down. WELL...after hanging out for 30 mins...and puttin ice cubes an a lil water in the coolant resavoir (how the heck do u spell that?)...AND digging a crap load of rocks and dirt out from the front of the truck, i was able to get down the slope. Took another hour to get back to the parking lot.

oh yea...and no cell phone service either...
2a456205.jpg

407fc231.jpg

Spending some quality time digging out rocks...and under each one was an exotic type of spider just waiting to jump out and bite me....:(
c7f4fd1d.jpg

Finally made it back down...gave her a once over, and the truck seemed fine, so we headed on home...2 1/2 hour drive with no trouble....
7f457d32.jpg

Had a fun time, but there was a few moments when i wondered if id be getting home today. Luckily my Ex has once again brought me back safe and sound...

Tomorrow's project: New coolant + seafoam + oil change :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks like u had fun

x2

looks like u had fun

Now, how did you all get out that far with no cb? I hear there are endless amounts of trails like that in TN... is this true? Man, that is nice to see!

Check and or change your transmission fluid, it is probibly burnt up too.

Now, how did you all get out that far with no cb? I hear there are endless amounts of trails like that in TN... is this true? Man, that is nice to see!

The last place i went to had 600 acres to ride on...Coal creek has 72,000 acres. ha, the map is the size of my hood when you unfold it. as for the cb, there is actually one in the truck, along with a 4ft antenna and cable, just no mounting plate for the antenna yet. still works, but the only guys riding around were on quads and didnt have a cb. There are lots of trails, and a lot of people have land and will let you ride around on. this place is only 2 and a half hours from nashville...and it was amazing. creeks and stream crossings, rocky sections...each trail rated and mapped out for you, so you know if you can make it or not. i will def go back to this place.

Changed my coolant on sunday, tranny fluid looks good, it was only changed about 5,000 miles ago. its actually running better than before i left....it was just the 90 plus degree temperature, old coolant...and the engine workin hard to get up the hills. its all good now....:thumbsup:

check the wiring going to the transfer case. Mine did the same thing when I installed a 3" BL. Sometimes its the wiring or the shift linkage binding up. That place look beautiful! I wish we had places like that up here!

check the wiring going to the transfer case. Mine did the same thing when I installed a 3" BL. Sometimes its the wiring or the shift linkage binding up. That place look beautiful! I wish we had places like that up here!

cool, that gives me a place to start...thanks!

yea i loved it there, and there are SO many trails, i cant wait to go back. just need to get this working and i can go again.

Back