pics of installs this weekend(all new pads and rotors,TT,Shackles, wheels,K&N intake) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pics of installs this weekend(all new pads and rotors,TT,Shackles, wheels,K&N intake)

Sloalty

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt 4.0
I know its been beaten to death but i really suggest everyone put shackle on TT on their explorer even if you have no plans on modifying it. The truck rides SO much better and handles better too. It is firmer but in a good way because it doesnt sway as much or bottom out as easily. The front seems more planted and the rear seems less prone to squat or bottom out. I love it. The brakes are slotted and drilled rotors with ceramic pads. I have always had these brakes on my vehicles with no issues like others have stated.

Now the wheels i got for 120 bucks off craigslist. The girl was sellign for her dad. American racing 15x8 d wheels. All 4 brand new for 120 bucks, i basicly couldnt pass up on these. They will get bf goodrich wheels with white letters out and white wheel stripe to cover the red and blue ones ont he wheels. pretty fun weekend.

Also the intake i got used off here for 110 shipped. Its on a OHV 4.0 which i didnt realize would be so loud. I got it just because it was a great deal as well but was surprised with how loud it is.

IMG_3534.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look at the pictur eof the rear shock. You can see just how much lift i got with shackles, it lifted the rear by 2 inches.

Man, that looks great. How much did you turn the torsion bars?

Need to clean your shock. :p:

I sprayed undercoat under truck so it's all black now. Not dirty. I turned the bars 3 full turns. Lifted 1.5" to sit level

Back