Pictures of UK Spec Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures of UK Spec Explorer

thanks

howard

thanks for the pictures.

the "fog lights" on '98 u.s.models had plastic lenses are were hardly worth the effort.

the "city lights" i was referring to are the 5 watt bulbs that are inside most euro headlights. they are very dim, and i understand they are used at night in town. mercedes have them as does jaguar.
i think you guys call them something else.

is privacy glass illegal in great britain?

peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We do have side lights using the single lamp on the far edge of the corners but nothing inside the headlamp.
As for privacy glass our regs are similar to yours and some of the tints do seem very dark. Personally I like to see where I'm going especially in poor visability which we have a lot of (rain, fog and mist etc)

Thanks Howard for posting the pics. I'm a bit of a Brit-o-phile so I've always tried to "Max" out my truck accoridng to what the Max Power kids do. (I used to have a Brit number plate up front even though it was yellow and ment for the back, but it was stolen)

Anyway, first off, I love the fact that you get a hand brake, I'm about to put one in my truck (over here the emeregency brake is foot operated). I also noticed that you have three peddles on the floor, what is the third one for if you drive an automatic and have the hand brake version of the emergency brake?

The next time I make a trip over there, I'm going down to the local ford dealership and stocking up on as many parts as I can afford, ie rear fog lights, sidemarkers, and front number plate holder (I did this the last time for my friend's American turbocharged version of the Ford Sierra Xr4i)

Thanks!

The third pedal isn't a pedal its a foot rest. You might be better getting your parts from home just pretend you want them for an export model. The dealers over here don't hold any stock so they get it all sent over from you. It therefore takes ages even for silly things like keys (8 weeks for a blank)

I too ditto the console shift, I hate granny shifters (column).

As for the city lights, I have them too on my Lexus. The headlights are two round reflectors under a single plastic lens. The little one on the inside is for the high beams, and the larger one on the outside is the city light and headlight. You can move the headlamp switch from OFF, to "-" which is the normal parking lamp position, which also activates the dim halogen citylamps, parking lamps, and all interior backlighting, and then "ON" which turns the HID lamps on full, then "AUTO" which is of course, autolights. I didnt know why the headlights came on dim with the parking lights until I was chatting with someone from Europe at a gas station who had an LS400 also.

Very interesting, thanks for the pictures.

I thought the column shift is space efficient. You have lots of room on your center console with out the console shift.

This is a pic of my truck with city lights. I modified it. A total failure though :eek:

Dead Link Removed

Now one of my headlights has water condensation in the housing. How can I get rid of the condensation?!?!?

Mine are ok but when I did have some trouble with water I put one of those little bags of silicon gel inside (there are packed with some electronics to absorb moisture) did the trick no more water/condensation. Else remove headlight and dry it with hairdrier or simmilar re-fit with some sealant around all the fittings/holes. This is my arrangement sorry haven't got night time pic at the momment.
frontlights.jpg

Back