pimpedout97x's worklog. body work + bags | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pimpedout97x's worklog. body work + bags

If you could mount the frame side of the link higher, it wouldn't do it as bad.

we had it like that, and it had the axle to far back towards the quarter panels (when at driving height)

is there a way to make it centered when aired up and slammed? we may move the lower link mounts up anyways becuase once those hit the ground, thats as low as itll go, and those will hit before the frame does. in the pics with my friend standing next to it, the bottom 4 link mounts are about 2" from the ground. reason they werent hitting is becuase we still have to tub some of the driveshaft becuase it was hitting the floor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

picked these seats up off ebay for 25 bux!!!! (75 shipping :( ) but 100 shipped still aint bad.

im gonna chop the tops (put your hand over the dark fabric on the headrest, and thats what theyll look like. and getting covered in black suede with red piping probably (to match red paint outside)

seats.jpg

and this is the plans for the exterior.

x1.jpg

Really the only way to avoid the fore aft movement is to use much longer links, which defeats the purpose of the stuff you already have. The longer the link, the larger the arch, the less movement.

Are you going to use a panhard bar or just the Tri- four link ?

On my rod I'm going to use a long two link setup (like chev trucks and nascars) with bags on the links and a watts link to stop side to side movement as it goes up and down.

The seats look good, what are they 90's Mazda or something ? Cool photochop paint job too, that is a gorgeous colour you got there.

Let me know if you need any misc. interior parts, I have a lot of stuff left over that is not worth selling (un-economical to ship etc) that you might want, and Tampa isn't too far from Atlanta.

ive actually got a spare set of door panels and a spare dash. bought it all from Eric's mounty that he took his V8 out of :)

if i had long bars on the top and short on the bottom, would it stop the axle movement?

and thanks about the photoshop, i really hope to have it looking like that one day.

Looks great ! Fantastic color.

I think the only way to really minimize the fore aft movement you're getting would be to use much longer links, longer links equal larger arc, less movement.
It would mean a lot of remanufacturing your existing stuff though.

What are you doing for side to side or do you think the Triangulated four link will do it ?
For my rod I will probably use a long two-link , with the bags acting on the links. For the side to side stuff I want to run a watts link so there is no left to right as it goes up and down, I don't have much clearance with the bed sides and the brake carriers.

What are those seats out of ? 90's Mazda ?

i found the seats on ebay, listed as "2 bucket seats" lol...the guy didnt know what they were out of...so i just bought em, ill make em fit somehow! lol

thats not my real birthday lol!

it is now... :p:

lol i guess i was only 19 then for 2 months!

lmao

Sorr about the strange double post, but the website was slow and not showing that the messages went through.

I think you need to keep the link bars as close to equal length as possible, but I'm no expert.

Sorr about the strange double post, but the website was slow and not showing that the messages went through.

I think you need to keep the link bars as close to equal length as possible, but I'm no expert.

im gonna talk to slammedxonair, hes the one that built the link.

Subscribing!! Can't wait to see the rest of the build-up! Good to see you're underway finally...:thumbsup:

That photoshop looks awesome btw...that'll be sick! I really like the red on black idea.

Interesting build!!!!

interesting

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking good, can't wait to see it done.

Tim

Back