pimpedout97x's worklog. body work + bags | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pimpedout97x's worklog. body work + bags

no i was serious there not bad
it was a compliment!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol thanks

You're online!!! Update this thing!!! Post some pics!!!

lol i seriously havent had time in the last couple months to do anything...hopefully were gonna get started back here soon...i hope....i wont forget to update this when i get new pics though lol

What about now? Any more progress? I wanna see this thing laid out!!

nothing yet, sorry guys lol.. its really hard with school and working 40 hours a week :(

no lol, or else NOTHING would get done haha

Link bars, I don't think I've seen anyone do a triangulated link like that. With the upper bar mounts closer on the axle than on the crossmember. I'm used to see the upper bars like this /\ ....It look like you ran out of room on the axle for you bag mounts....the mounts you have now will prevent you from much more lift unless you get some triple bellow bags. You could always later on do some crawling under the thing to see if you could mount the bags on the link bars....but you said you'd live with what you have going on. I was a little scared following the pictures of your notch because of the front most boxing plate. However, it looks like it has all come together. The thing you have to realize when bagging a truck...Everyone has their way of doing things. If it works and it's safe, then who cares what anyone says!

Link bars, I don't think I've seen anyone do a triangulated link like that. With the upper bar mounts closer on the axle than on the crossmember. I'm used to see the upper bars like this /\
You need to hang around the off-road scene a bit more, you'll see some crazy suspension configs :D.

But the upper bar converging at the axle is usually how off-roaders do 4-links most of the time.

Being raised up around race cars, farm equipment, and tractor trailers...I've seen some weird stuff. Also hanging around the car show scene, I've seen some crazy stuff. I'm sure I've probably seen something similar to this and paid it no mind. I'll be doing a Triangulated 4 Link on my future project.

After I figure out all the headaches of converting my 4wd into a 2wd and bagging the front, I seriously think I might go the slammed route. But right now I'm just wondering when this guy is going to post some more pictures!

i havent touched the truck for MONTHS....i sorta lost interest in it for right now, im not selling it for sure, becuase i still wanna finish it, its just one of those projects that i put on the back burner until im ready to get back in the mood and finish it.

im towing it to my house and ill finish it whenever, my friend is never gonna finish it, ill take some pics when i get it back this week, im gonna be grinding all those ugly welds down and having it re welded the right way

Good plan man. Take matters into your own hands and get it done!

getting a car dolly on sunday from my friend, so its getting towed then, plus theres less traffic on a sunday morning then during the week. i went there to get my battery to see if it will hold a charge, and just snapped a few pics...it LOOKS good low....unitl you see HOW its low...haha...but eventually itll all be fixed i promise :D

DSCF2302.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

i need to roll the inner edges of the fenders in, and look how much the 4 link makes the wheel arch in towards the door...that will be fixed with the rebuild too.

DSCF2304.jpg

Hey man, nice work so far...keep it up! Just a quick question, is your expo 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive? I wanna bag my 98 sport, but its 4 wheel, so I know the front end it goin to be a *****! Just wondering what yours is and what your in for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine is 2wd..its getting re done though..the welds in the back are horrible and its set up wrong

DSCF2675.jpg

DSCF2676.jpg

DSCF2677.jpg

DSCF2678.jpg

DSCF2679.jpg

Back