Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Pinout diagram for 6 CD radio

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by nickel1, December 12, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. nickel1

nickel1 New Member

City, State:
    Ontario
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    02 Explorer XLT 4.0
    Does anybody have a pinout diagram for the 6 CD Radio? 2002 explorer. no subwoofer, no rear controls, no rear entertainment. I wanted to see if there is a way to hook up a 3.5mm jack to the cd changer input on the back of the unit. I know there is 2 inputs on the back (one for main hookup and one for external cd changer i believe) A member on a mazda forum did a similar thing. He grounded the aux pin and hooked up his signal to the input pins and had a functional input on his stereo. I know I can purchase a FRDN-AUX but for 100 bucks I can buy a better stereo with aux inputs built into it. I'm just experimenting ATM and wanted to see if there was an inexpensive way to hookup an aux jack.
    I appreciate any feedback.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Worcester, MA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 XLT V6 4x4
    Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Check your PM! I have send the connector pinouts from my shop wiring diagrams.