Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD help

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by That911guy, June 26, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. That911guy

That911guy Active Member

City, State:
      Ashland City, TN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 XLS
      Hey guys, I recently had a Pioneer head unit installed in my car. It supports ipod/iphone via usb hook ups in the front (as well as an aux imput on the front if i dont have my usb cord). My problem is that when I use the USB cable I can listen to my itunes fine, but when I switch it to "app mode" Im not getting any video, but no matter what app I use (videos from my photo album, netflix, hulu plus, etc), I get audio only through the unit. The iPhone actually goes to a screen that says the video is playing on the TV or something like that. The model is Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD.

Now I can attribute this to one of many possible factors...
      1. The head unit is flawed so contact where I purchased it.
      2. The factory apple 30 pin connector USB that came with my iPhone wont support video and audio (not sure if it will or not, just throwing that out there)
      3. Settings on my iPhone4 prohibit video out (In the owners manual for my pioneer unit it said something about changing the settings to allow video out on my ipod/iphone, but all i could find in my phone was under settings/ipod/video)

Just trying to cover my bases here so I can figure out the next step before our vacation (want to be able to watch videos on our long trip.)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. TheTurk

TheTurk New Member

City, State:
      Lyndhurst, New Jersey
      '03 XLT 4.6L
      not so sure about this but i think you need a special cable to transmit video from iphone/ipod , maybe with RCA out or something like that ???
      otherwise bump for you to find someone with more knowledge :)

4. Nixthebomb

Nixthebomb Active Member

City, State:
      Oklahoma City, OKlahoma
      '99 Explorer Sport
      You have to use the certain cable from Pioneer (previous owner of iphone 3gs with Pioneer3200DVD), thats the only way it will send video, because the cable has the usb cord and 3.5mm in one cord to the iphone

5. That911guy

That911guy Active Member

City, State:
      Ashland City, TN
      2000 XLS
      Thanks for the reply. You would think they would have mentioned that at Electronic Express. lol