1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Pioneer Flagship AVIC-Z120BT Install

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by RLEADS, July 14, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. RLEADS

RLEADS New Member

City, State:
    North Carolina
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004 Eddie Bauer 4.6L
    I have a 2004 with factory 6 disc changer. I am partial to keeping my factory setup but would like to install the Pioneer Flagship AVIC-Z120BT. This is a 7" In Dash dvd, cd, radio, and navigation unit. Is there a way possible to install this (with some custom fibeglass modifications) in the center console (where the black mat is bringing it up to accomodate the system) does anyone know if this is possible, and if so any pointers? Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. aaronajb1981

aaronajb1981 Active Member

City, State:
    Minneapolis, MN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '06 XLS
    Why leave the factory in? the pioneer will do all the factory can, plus more. putting it below takes your eyes off the road longer when you want to do something. wiring it will require switches and relays so you cut off one so you can use the other. not to mention if its the 6 cd that you dont want to give up, you can put all your music on mp3 or use an ipod.