Pete Adams

Reaction score
City, State
Ball Ground, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer PIU
Callsign
K4PRA
This maybe a dumb question but you never know.
Will standard Explorer floor mats fit a 2018 PIU?
I never had a civilian Explorer and don't know if there are some differences in the floor pan.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This maybe a dumb question but you never know.
Will standard Explorer floor mats fit a 2018 PIU?
I never had a civilian Explorer and don't know if there are some differences in the floor pan.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

They should. My 2017 PIU with Interior Upgrade Package has standard Explorer floor mats.

Thanks, I figured they would but ya never know.

Do you have rubber floors or carpet?

I have all rubber mats.
I ordered a set of Maxliner mats yesterday I'll let you know how they fit.

The most common ones members have ordered to replace their OEM floor mats are the WeatherTech and Husky Liners. I believe the Maxliner was also mentioned before.
On the retail Explorer side, there was a change made to the driver's side footwell from the 2014 to the 2015 model.

Peter

Problem with the OEM rubber floor is almost any floor mat you add slips and slides all over the place. You will likely have to secure it somehow.

Problem with the OEM rubber floor is almost any floor mat you add slips and slides all over the place. You will likely have to secure it somehow.

Well, in fairness, the whole idea of rubber floors is not to need mats in the first place.

I guess I'm a belt and suspenders type of guy :)
The rubber mat in my rig is shiny black and really shows dirt and debris. My other cars with floor mats don't show it as much.

Regarding slipping around, yes they probably will. I'll let you know how I tame that issue.

OK Report on front row MaxLiner / Smartliner Mats.
I like them. They fit, seem substantial and do not slip around. They snug right down and are firmly held by the edges.
BTW these are a tray type mat similar to a Weather Tech.
I ordered a rear mat too but it wasn't delivered today.

Well, in fairness, the whole idea of rubber floors is not to need mats in the first place.
This. I just vacuum and clean the rubber floor every week or so. Way easier than vehicles with carpet and mats, especially in winter with snow/salt.

..... Way easier than vehicles with carpet and mats, especially in winter with snow/salt.
That's where the Husky/WeatherTech liners come in handy. You can just take them out and dump any melted snow out of them. Mats are fine in areas where you don't have that issue. Otherwise, liners are the way to go.

Peter

That's where the Husky/WeatherTech liners come in handy. You can just take them out and dump any melted snow out of them. Mats are fine in areas where you don't have that issue. Otherwise, liners are the way to go.

Peter
I have liners in my other vehicles, but the rubber floors are still way easier to deal with.

Back