PLAN B Build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PLAN B Build

Some of you may know, and some may have suspected, but I'm starting a new project and it starts with a truck you all will recognize.

I picked up R.J.'s Navajo today. She is a little tired and was facing being parted out, but now will start a new chapter, a very different chapter. I give you Plan B.

(dead links)

So let's start off as to why "Plan B"? Well, it has multiple meanings.

• It starts off as I really wanted a early Bronco. I first learned to drive on Zukmans '71 Bronco he had years ago. But myself owning a early Bronco was not going to happen. There just way to ridiculous priced these days.:eek: So this is My Plan B.
  • JP is not going anywhere, I really just wanted to to do another build and JP is...well, JP!. It works, but it has a following and presence that really can't be changed....it's almost become, dare I say, an Icon of this forum. :jp: So this is My Plan B
  • The Navajo was on it's death bed. R.J. himself had already give it a time of death... :dead: So this is it's Plan B.....or maybe for it C...But for my plan, we'll say B :D
So what does the Plan B build look like? You'll have to watch and find out. But I'll give you some teasers..

• Starting Base : 1991 Mazda Navajo JX 4x4
  • SOHC - donor: 2000 Explorer Sport 4x2 103k
  • 5R55E - donor: 2008 Ranger FX4 45k
  • 1354 manual - still looking for
  • :sawzall: to smell the fresh air;)
  • Super Duty Axles - '99 F350 4x4 PSD
  • 40's - settling for 37's now
  • Grabber Blue
I think that should be enough to entice you all for now...

This is My Plan B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Muhaaaa!

full&d=1518320706.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Those tires look a bit worn. Were they BJ Baldwins tires?

Those tires look a bit worn. Were they BJ Baldwins tires?

I needed some wheels and tires for setup, and I got these really cheap. They came off a street driven Super Duty with a 8" lift. There just 37's, but the 13.5" width make them seem huge. Good used 40's are a little hard to find and new I'd have to take out a second mortgage. ..lol. I may go down to 39's but we'll see. Goal is to keep it low and with SD axles, these heavy tires and little weight up top, it should be pretty good.

Put the wheels on the ttb. It'll be fine.

Do it, it would be fine! Mine held up for 12 years of 37's.

still rockin 37s...

Whatcha gonna do with those seat covers? :D

still rockin 37s...

Whatcha gonna do with those seat covers? :D

Those are actually the original seats. The driver is pretty far gone, and the rest are all broken down too. I love the look of them, but I was actually looking around today trying to figure out what I'm going to do in the seat department.

Those are actually the original seats. The driver is pretty far gone, and the rest are all broken down too. I love the look of them, but I was actually looking around today trying to figure out what I'm going to do in the seat department.

They just need some love. Everything in that car needs some love.

I had a few minutes and had some paint lying around...and I know this is way down the list, but you have to have a vision.;)

What does everyone think of the color? No, not the maroon fenders:rolleyes:

full&d=1518663590.jpg

I'm a fan...I may be biased though...

Removed the Anchor...

full&d=1519196828.jpg

Not feeling the blue... but still game to see where it's going...

I present to you The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

full&d=1519523238.jpg

Didn't take very long to make your house look like Zukman's :laugh:
Technically every vehicle in my at house can move under it's own power, including the one I just brought over from Zukman's. I just have to swap out the 8 year old gas first. But it was firing over with starter fluid.

Once I make sure it's running fine with no codes, I'll begin the engine swap. That's means gutting the Navajo and replacing it with the 2000 stuff. It will only be a 91 by body and frame.

When this stage is complete and signed off by a referee, then we'll move to stage two: Axle Swap.

2000 has a bad fuel pump it looks like. Not getting fuel to the motor and I don't hear the fuel pump. So I'll get one ordered and it should start right up. I could swap the one out if JP for testing, but it's not worth the effort.:shifty:

Back