1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Platinum Choice: Black / Black or Silver / Black?

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by pwscott, April 5, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

?

Which color for my 2016 Explorer Platinum?

1. Shadow Black Exterior / Ebony Black Interior

57.1%
  2. Ingot Silver / Ebony Black Interior

42.9%
  1. pwscott

pwscott Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Windsor County, VT
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2016 Explorer Platinum
    Callsign:
    N3KDJ
    Interested in feedback here....while color is a personal choice, and my Dad, who started a dealership in 1929, used to say to never offer your opinion on color choices,...I'm trying to decide between two colors in a 2016 Platinum Explorer.

My first choice was a Sport with Silver paint and Black Interior...love all the black out and the aggressive looking grill, but I promised myself ALL the cool options on this purchase....I want the Auto-Park, I want the Auto-High-Beams and I definitely want the Active Motion seats for my 6 hour drives to Vermont from PA....so Platinum it is.

Then it's down to just color as I know I don't want to pay for bucket seats or a console in the 2nd row...I think Black looks really good with the brushed aluminum looking highlights of the Platinum....In Silver, I think you lose that contrast that a Sport has with black trim on Ingot Silver....So I'm thinking Black on Black in the Platinum.
    I've had black cars before and they're notoriously hard to keep clean and they can be hot in summer parking lots, but I think it looks better with the Platinum trim.
    Interested to see poll results and hear others thoughts.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. KailaRN

KailaRN New Member

City, State:
    SoCal Alps
    2016 Explorer Platinum
    I agree that the silver looks washed out with all the brushed aluminum on the platinum. The black is gorgeous, but hard to keep clean. That is why I went with Magnetic :D But between black and silver I vote black all the way!

4. rmcalis

rmcalis Active Member

City, State:
    Collinsville, OK
    2016 Platinum; 2010 STA
    If the choice is close go for the silver. Appearance care is much easier and the silver will look clean even if it is mildly dirty.

5. pwscott

pwscott Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Windsor County, VT
    2016 Explorer Platinum
    Callsign:
    N3KDJ
    Choice Made

I looked at both...really liked the brushed trim against Black and went with Black exterior and interior. Loved the way that engine feels compared with the 2012 Limited I'm trading!

6. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve
    Callsign:
    VE3
    I agree with that. I had a silver Highlander and had a White Platinum Tri-Coat Explorer and now a Crystal Champagne MKT. The lighter colours definitely stay 'clean looking' longer. Thinking of a White Gold for the next Explorer.

Peter