Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Playing DVDs with in car speakers

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by jackal424, June 20, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jackal424

jackal424 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '11 XLT
      So I think the DVD I got was dealer installed. Dont remember the brand name. Car is in the parking lot, too far to check right now..i'll update when i get home.

But it is dealer installed....

so from what I've read, dealer installed DVD players dont play on car speakers..and possibly not even in the front console...

is this true and what are my options to get it working?

update: Dealer called back and told me to press the surround sound option on the remote...and some FM station info should appear, then i should tune to the station.....Well lesson learned, never have wife do anything for you. I was driving and she was trying things...but of course left out the FM radio station that displayed on the screen when she pressed "surround sound"...lol... sorry to flood the forum...no wonder I couldnt find any threads for it...

Last edited: June 20, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jedimike

jedimike Member

City, State:
      Bremerton, WA
      2011 Limited (ordered)
      The factory installed DVD headrests do use FM modulation for sound. You will not get surround sound through FM and you have to turn the FM on every time on the DVD headrests.

Despite all of that, I find the sound to be very good. If I was to rank sound quality, I would rank it like this:

1. Attached (USB) MP3
      2. HD radio
      3. DVD headrests
      4. FM radio
      5. AM radio

6. Sirius radio

4. jackal424

jackal424 New Member

'11 XLT
      So i tried it and it turns out that only the left player supports FMtransmission, is this true?