Please help 94 explorer sport/2dr temp gauge not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help 94 explorer sport/2dr temp gauge not working

dbd6604

Reaction score
City, State
bainbridge,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer sport
This is my first post on here so thanks for ne1 who helps.well nehow i just bought a 94 sport or 2 door as title says and the temperature gauge does not work at all. Ive never had this problem before so i dont know what to do. The heater blows out hot air and the explorer is not overheating at all. I flushed the cooling system and put in a new thermostat and right mix and amount of coolant and it dint do anything. Is there a fuse to check.all the other gauges work once in a while the check engine lights comes on like around bout the time the thermostat would open and shut. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Also doesnt have owners manual so i dont know where the fuse would be if it could be it. Well thanks in advance and if more info is needed i will post it

Read this post.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559254&postcount=2

In his case, it's probably the single wire sensor that's causing that problem. On your issue, it's most likely the opposite. Easy way to make sure is to disconnect the two-wire sensor then take a small piece of wire and jump the terminals in the harness and check the gauge on the dash. If the gauge pegs full Hot (all the way to the right), replace the sensor.

Back