Please help!! Loud clunking and jerking in 4WD!!! Worried!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help!! Loud clunking and jerking in 4WD!!! Worried!!

Mikes95XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Okay I looked through all the clunking noise threads here and couldn't find what I was looking for.....

Here's what happened. I was out tonight trying to take pictures of my stock headlight bulbs and how much they shine so I could take before and after pics (got the HID lights today!).... the pictures weren't the problem. I went to turn around on this counrty road I was on (needed it to be real dark) and my rear end went off the edge down the ditch. I was at a good 35 to 45 degree angle, and I figured "Ok I'll just put her in 4WD and get myself out, no prob, that's what I bought this for!" so I put it in 4WD Auto (this is a '95 XLT) and I put my foot on the brake to hold myself while I slowly pushed the gas, and there was ALL sorts of clunking and jerking and it really scared me. I thought maybe I was stupid and should have put it in 4WD Low, so I turned around, put myself in the same position, and put it in 4WD Low (by putting the truck in neutral with my foot on the brake) and then putting it back in gear. Same clunking and jerking, and the clunks were loud!! Can anyone tell me what's up please I'm worried about it...... thanks guys...

its fine... see other thread

Originally posted by jimabena74
its fine... see other thread
Sorry to post in two places, but some of the other threads about this subject were here, and some there. I saw the other one...... thanks again......

Back